[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info! Good news for users in the same boat as you were.

The performance related settings are the second stage of troubleshooting right now, need to rule out rotation animations since they caused so many issues over the past few months, just to be sure.

FYI- Here are my performance related settings (I never get freezes ;)):
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Display>>Rotation Animations (unchecked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Interface>>Render effect (no render effect)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>CPU Settings>>SMARTASSV2,480,729,Set on Boot (checked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Compcache RAM Usage (not set)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Use JIT (checked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Enable surface dithering (unchecked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Use 16bit transparency (checked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Scrolling Cache (default)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Allow purging of assets (checked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Lock home in memory (unchecked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Lock messaging app in memory (unchecked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>VM heap size (48m)
Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>System Preferences>>Wallpaper Hack (unchecked)
Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>Scrolling Cache (auto)
Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>System persistent (unchecked)
Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>Home Orientation (portrait)

If these don't help, and you use the default ADW Launcher, I'll go through more of it's settings that may have issues. ;)

the only thing to ever give me issues using iho is the rotation animation setting. other than that its been rock solid. i figure the rotation setting conflicts with the display driver in some way. it works great until you allow the device to screen time out and go to lock screen. upon wake its frozen..but a few button pushes and a rotate and it fixes itself without a reboot.

Reactions: JerryScript

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow, so I just realized that this whole time, CM settings->Display->Rotation animation was checked DERRPP. I didn't know, I never checked that option, and I would've THOUGHT the default was unchecked. Oh well, guess you learn something new everyday.

Just enabled dithering and 16 bit transparency, smartass v2 governor and cache scrolling. Phone feels more snappy now. Only thing I don't like is scrolling is a little too snappy. Yay, I'm totally dialing my phone in lol :)

*edit* here's my personal performance settings:
CPU governor: Smartass v2
Min frequency: 480
Max frequency: 806
Use JIT: checked
Surface dithering: unchecked
16 bit transparency: checked
Scrolling cache: enabled
Purging of assets: enabled
VM heap: 32mb

Feels great! I think surface dithering made my phone feel too jumpy, so I disabled it and is now smooth
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Question on modifying vibration strength

I reverted back to stock for a few days after flashing the VM update and have since reflashed MiRaGe. Everything is working fine and I haven't had any problems. However, I have noticed that the vibration settings do not seem to be as strong, i.e. the vibration for incoming calls and texts. I work in a high noise environment, and was wondering if there was system setting I could change or modify to increase the vibration strength. Any help would be appreciated.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Question on modifying vibration strength

I reverted back to stock for a few days after flashing the VM update and have since reflashed MiRaGe. Everything is working fine and I haven't had any problems. However, I have noticed that the vibration settings do not seem to be as strong, i.e. the vibration for incoming calls and texts. I work in a high noise environment, and was wondering if there was system setting I could change or modify to increase the vibration strength. Any help would be appreciated.

I believe the vibrator strength is hard coded in the kernel and cannot be changed. I don't know what the values are for any particular kernels, you should ask your ROM maintainer.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm just about ready to throw my phone at the wall. Reboots while txting every 5 mminutes
Try the GingerKernel patch for MiRaGe 04/03 that tdm posted in LeslieAnn's radio patch thread. It solved all radio related issues for me (reboots and SMS lags).

It does have a few minor glitches (camera, wake-up lags) as it wasn't intended to be a "proper" kernel for IHO, just a test of kernel compatibility with the ZV9 radio. But as far as stability, it's been rock solid for me.

Edit: This is tdm's post with the GingerKernel.

Last edited:

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Try the GingerKernel patch for MiRaGe 04/03 that tdm posted in LeslieAnn's radio patch thread. It solved all radio related issues for me (reboots and SMS lags).

It does have a few minor glitches (camera, wake-up lags) as it wasn't intended to be a "proper" kernel for IHO, just a test of kernel compatibility with the ZV9 radio. But as far as stability, it's been rock solid for me.

Edit: This is tdm's post with the GingerKernel http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1712739

Or, when I finally decide to get out of bed, I'll be uploading a test kernel that might or might not fix it. Based on my iho kernel

marlo222

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your settings Jerry! I am really liking the ROM, SO much better than stock. really smooth and the extra battery life is great (i haven't overclocked). I'm trying to leave the phone pretty bare right now to test the rom more and make sure no apps that i might installl are causing any issues.
I'll post more findings if i come across any. :)

Update, I installed the NHL GameCenter app off the market this morning and got an immediate reboot after launching the app and trying to select a team :( sent a text after the reboot and got a reboot again. Uninstalled the NHL app and sent another text later (stock messaging app) and got a reboot again.
Seen other posts about reboots after sending text so there might be something there.
Sent several texts in the last few hours and no reboots yet. Not sure whats happening.
Everything else is solid, GPS, bluetooth, wifi etc.
Hopefully its just a minor glitch that can be worked out.

No freezing after disabling auto rotation btw.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Update, I installed the NHL GameCenter app off the market this morning and got an immediate reboot after launching the app and trying to select a team :( sent a text after the reboot and got a reboot again. Uninstalled the NHL app and sent another text later (stock messaging app) and got a reboot again.
Seen other posts about reboots after sending text so there might be something there.
Sent several texts in the last few hours and no reboots yet. Not sure whats happening.
Everything else is solid, GPS, bluetooth, wifi etc.
Hopefully its just a minor glitch that can be worked out.

No freezing after disabling auto rotation btw.

I use NHL GameCenter with GB and ICS with no rebooting problems... I don't believe it's the app.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
OK, getting the "Error processing payment" message when downloading a free app from Play Store. I did search the thread, couldn't find the fix.
I tried clearing the cache and data from the Play Store app, no joy.
Thanks for any help.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
OK, getting the "Error processing payment" message when downloading a free app from Play Store. I did search the thread, couldn't find the fix.
I tried clearing the cache and data from the Play Store app, no joy.
Thanks for any help.

I got that one some time ago (after ZV9 update and restore of my IHO nandroid). After much googling I found a fix by deleting my account file (since you cannot remove it through menus or clearing app data).

I would find the details for you, but running late for a meeting. Google that error message and and see if you can find it. I'll check back when I get home tonight.

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
So I've been running jerryscript for awhile. I've never needed the storage space really until I started playing games. So with that said I've tried a few tutorials on how to use link2sd and I can't get it to recognize my ext2 partition. Anyone know where to find a good tutorial or know of a good thread. Thanks :confused:

MidtownHD

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Jerry's latest build, and something strange keeps happening to me. Same thing happened on my phone running MiRaGe's latest.

So the browser crashes/forcloses after I try to scroll and select a choice from a list, like picking a country/state from a list and I scroll down/up.

At first, I thought it was my overclock setting, then thought about the build itself (tried reflash both Jerry/mirage). Then I tried flashing a new kernel (tvall). Nothing works. Normal surfing the web, no problems.

Now I'm thinking it's the stock browser itself, or the new radio. What do you guys think?

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't use a guide but here's how I did it. I just started messing with it one day and it setup very easily. I am using newest backside along with Backside recovery and this worked for me so it should work for you but try at your own risk.

1. Backup SDCard to PC
2. Boot into recovery
3. Go to Advanced and Select Partition SDCard *** Will erase everything on SDCard
4. Select EXT size (I used 1024 = 1gb)
5. Select Swap to 0md
6. Wait while card is partitioned... Takes a while ...My recovery created a ext3 partition
7. Reboot into rom
8. Install Link2SD
9. On first run when it asks to select file system select EXT3
10. Reboot Phone
11. Go into Link2D and select each app that you want linked to ext partition and create link

I didn't use auto link but if you want you can go into settings and set auto link so all new apps are moved to sdext

I would uninstall Link2SD and retry everything and see how it goes

Reactions: frostyon420