The truth about calibrating your battery

deathangel1496

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hmm in a way that's dissappointing. But I still think in a way it could help because it refreshes what the phone knows about the battery

Sent from my reborn optimus using Tapatalk

Tacular Z

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, I never touched that in the first place, so whatever. So now I know not to touch it. Haha. I'm sure someone we'll peep into this topic and have a different opinion but whatever. You have my support. Lol ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
While I have seen evidence on my phone of this being somewhat true, the article doesn't take into account the way the log system works. If you wipe battery stats while fully charged and plugged in, then reboot, and then unplug, you will be starting from scratch with a fresh slate. This can be both good and bad. Bad as mentioned above, but it can also help if something corrupts the log file. Things like FCs or system crashes when the log file is being written to are the most obvious examples, there are others.

Here's an example of what the article mentioned, how your battery may not be used as efficiently as possible the first couple of charge/discharge cycles. This screenshot was taken at the end of a day of battery testing with the popular charge/wipe_stats/reboot/unplug method, the phone has no idea how fast it is using up the battery's capacity on this first discharge cycle:
ScreenShot-7.png

Reactions: bigsupersquid

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
it jacks up your phone?
No basically what he's doing is telling you what happens when you recalibrate your battery. He (or she) named the article in such a way to draw attention to it and also give you a negative feeling about calibrating your battery. But really read it. Basically what the arcticle is saying is exactly that it does what you think it does.
People need to look at it like this. Koush and team cyanogen have looked into this issue and decided to include it in the recovery image.

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
So will charging to 100%, leaving the phone on the charger, and then flashing kill the possibility of there being an issue with the battery?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89