Legit or fake?

anfroid

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
yeah idk wtf im doing hahahahh.

i heard someone say they called virgin mobile and said their optimus v was stuck in recovery mode and they sent him a new one? is this true?

some kinda one year warranty on the phone?

SecularSanity

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
They are sending me a new one for free because i had the 3g problem after having it for twelve days. No fixes worked including refreshing my plan. My problem is its rooted and has a custom rom. They want the old phone back lol. I got 5 days to decide what to do ;b.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
They are sending me a new one for free because i had the 3g problem after having it for twelve days. No fixes worked including refreshing my plan. My problem is its rooted and has a custom rom. They want the old phone back lol. I got 5 days to decide what to do ;b.

In the stickied thread at the top there is a link to a page that tells you how to return "mostly" to stock.
Just use that and it will suffice for getting your phone sent back to VM.
I assume, in telling you this, that you hadn't done a nandroid of your stock rom before messing with it?
If so you can just flash that back and then put the stock recovery back on your phone.

SecularSanity

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
See I am still being the newb. I did the nandroid backup on my phone. So basically all i have to do is boot into recovery wipe everything then go to backup/restore and click restore? *facepalm* assuming this is right.

SecularSanity

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The nandroid backup was apparently made after i added some programs like super user , titanium backup ,etc .. what is the best way to wipe these. Can i do setting factory reset now that i am back on the main program to just delete all the new apps and then format my sd card?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The nandroid backup was apparently made after i added some programs like super user , titanium backup ,etc .. what is the best way to wipe these. Can i do setting factory reset now that i am back on the main program to just delete all the new apps and then format my sd card?

NO

Never do the factory reset within the phone when u have a custom recovery. I think there is a thread to unroot. Haven't used it myself so I can't help much there.

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
In the stickied thread at the top there is a link to a page that tells you how to return "mostly" to stock.
Just use that and it will suffice for getting your phone sent back to VM.
I assume, in telling you this, that you hadn't done a nandroid of your stock rom before messing with it?
If so you can just flash that back and then put the stock recovery back on your phone.

I used the mostly stock way to sent 2 OV's back to VM so it does work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana