Need Help with Gingerbread to bumblebee swap

teameno2

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay so i Have the Gingerbread rom running on my phone and i am trying to switch to bumblebee. The install of Gingerbread went great, nice and easy. but haveing trouble with Bumblebee. My phone will not boot into recovery (manually or from rom manager). Before i just rooted my phone and then installed rom(gingerbread) from sdcard. And everything went fine. But when i downloaded gingerbread it was .apk and astro picked it right up. When i download bumblebee its in a winrar form.( Thats what i use for my extract program on pc). so i tried mounting to sdcard like that (still needing to be extracted) astro picks it up but will do nothing. ROM manger doesnt even bring it up when i try to install from sdcard. Can someone Give me a hand here. I've read the sticky's like 50 times and i think i keep haveing problems for the simple fact i can not reboot in recovery mode. And unfortunitly when i was a newbie i did not do i factory backup so i only have the Gingerbread for a backup now.

theEdmund

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Try turning the phone off. Then hold down volume down home n your power button's all simultaneously until the lg logo clears away. That should get you booted into your recovery flashed

teameno2

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
how do u keep the roms like bumblebee in .zip format? should i uninstall winrar? when i downloaded bumblebee from the original post like u said, it put it in the winrar format so its ready to extract.

Last edited:

jack454

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
how do u keep the roms like bumblebee in .zip format? should i uninstall winrar? when i downloaded bumblebee from the original post like u said, it put it in the winrar format so its ready to extract.

I don't use windows or winrar so not sure whats going on there.

teameno2

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay for camf3xu, i did not extract, but still wont show up in rom manager. so anyway i figured i would start over from the beginnning rooting and everything. i dont think my phone was fully rooted because when i ran busybox it said su ..something was missing. so anyway i atempted to shell root with super1click and this is what i get:
Rooting device... - Step #1
2033 KB/s (585731 bytes in 0.281s)

OK 0.31s

Rooting device... - Step #2

OK 0.03s

Rooting device... - Step #3

OK 0.02s

Rooting device... - Step #4

property service neutered.

killing adbd. (should restart in a second or two)

OK 0.02s

Rooting device... - Step #5

OK 4.05s

and thats all it will do. i have let it sit there for 10 mins, and nothing goes on. if i try to run it again it just tells me it failed. i have to restart my phone and then it does the samething for one try. and i have even tried the main root button and it runs and a message pops up asking if my os is 2.0 or higher. weather i click yes or no it just says it failed. i just got this phone in the mail cause my other one wouldnt connect usb. so i hate to think something is wrong with this one now. and i still cant reboot into recovery.

teameno2

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
this is what i get now:
SuperOneClick v1.6.3.0
Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

Pushing psneuter...
2033 KB/s (585731 bytes in 0.281s)

OK

chmod psneuter...
error: closed

FAILED
i have tried everything. im even trying the recovery flasher, and still through there i can boot into recovery. ever sence i installed gingerbread i cant seem to install another rom or go into recovery

teameno2

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
i seriously cant do ****. no more. Im stuck without being able to boot into recovery, super1click wont root it for me, it just keeps failing. and the roms just wont show up.

teameno2

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
i just reboot to my previous rom and now my phone just shows lg, virgin mobile with no sound, and then lg. Now i cant even get into my phone!

teameno2

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
alright well nothing will work. i am considering my phone nuked. it is still under warrenty so VM is sending me a replacement. dont know exactly what will happen after they get mine, my account will probley be frozen or something haha. anyone know if i could reactivate the phone under another name or something? i mean in my eyes we buy these phones out right and if we r still under warrenty for replacement it should be fine. They have the skills to completley fix these phones and put back to normal.but who knows. hopefully i can reopen an account with the new phone if i have problems.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sad how some people think irresponsible is covered under a warranty. I hope they start charging people with fraud when customers return user borked devices. If your not willing to take the risk of borking your phone don't try to root.

teameno2

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
wow, easy there fella. This pritty much falls under the same guide line as if u know the cop that pulls u over on a dui and he lets u go. Im sure your not going to be a good boy and ask for the arrest. and fraud is like 5 yrs. lmao, 5 yrs for sending back a rooted phone? Yea ok. Companys can repair any phone unless its completly physicly destroyed. Thus proves the millions of used and refurbed phones u can by right off of the main sites. It costs them around 20-25 dollars to mass produce these phones, and any non contracted phone is around 600 700 dollars. Take a chill pill.