IHO Bobzhome build, bad space?

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Bobzhome builds leaves me with 140 mb free space after flashing ouf of 179mb. Is something wrong? Or could it be the updated apps, along with the v6 supercharger and app2sd?

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
what's the date? I'm dl'ing todays right now, and another rom I plan to actually use =P
on the last release I have 111 of 179.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Bobz uses an app to sd script that moves the dalvik cache to the sd card. You need to have second partition, I believe an ext 2, for his rom to run correctly.

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
agh! well I plan to get a laptop soon and do some building myself. Ought to use what I know and besides when I find a new phone with a source code release I'll be hella ready to make it fire =P
I had a hard time finding a buildboot tool, the wiki links wereno good, besides this script makes it easy using linux. I plan to be on Debian Etch.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The reason you don't have much space left is because I have the dalvik-cache in your data partition. I wanted it out of cache to avoid the new market problems people have been complaining about. If you want more space in your data partition, you can grab "Darktremor A2SD GUI" free from the market here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.elgubbo.a2sdGUI&feature=search_resu lt ,it will move the Dalvik-cache for you.

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
If your going to partition your sd card, make sure you back it up to your computer first!! (just in case you didn't know). ;)
BobZ... how big of an ext2 partition do you recomend with your ROM??

Last edited:

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
In the wiki I added under Install Prerequisites:

If using CM7.1.0-BobZ, BEFORE doing anything, backup your SD card and boot into recovery. Probably need to format your SD card and create a ~300-512mb ext2 partition for dalvik-cache.

Please update with better or if not correct, correct info. if you respond to this thread with really good instructions, I will put them on the wiki.

Also added GUI app to Optional files area.

Thanks BobZ

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm also wondering, how exactly does this work. With rom I have something like 178MB internal. I used to use Links2SD which would give me about another gig of internal memory. Dalvik Cache is stated to be on SD-EXT. Is the recommendation to move it to /cache ? or is the recommendation to move everything to sd card ?

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The Dalvik Cache should be on SD-EXT, if you put it in the Cache partition you may end up with the Market problem of "insufficient space". Because of the Market issue people were having, I started putting it in the DATA partition and people are now complaining about the lack of space...I may stop including it in my builds and let people who want it to flash it themselves.

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Use "Darktremor A2SD GUI" free from the market here: https://market.android.com/details?i...search_resu lt ,it will move the Dalvik-cache out of your data partition for you.

Are there any advantages to the GUI vs. accessing A2sd via terminal or ADB? I have been trying to move dalvic to sd with "a2sd cachesd" and "a2sd cachesdreset", but it does not complete the task. The appropriate flag file is created and a folder is created in sd-ext, but the actual dalvic-cache files do not move. I have tried manually moving them, but when I reboot, they are re-created in /data/dalvic-cache, regardless of the flag file.

Starting to think it's not worth my effort to free up 30Mb of space...:-\

DF3

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Are there any advantages to the GUI vs. accessing A2sd via terminal or ADB? I have been trying to move dalvic to sd with "a2sd cachesd" and "a2sd cachesdreset", but it does not complete the task. The appropriate flag file is created and a folder is created in sd-ext, but the actual dalvic-cache files do not move. I have tried manually moving them, but when I reboot, they are re-created in /data/dalvic-cache, regardless of the flag file.

Starting to think it's not worth my effort to free up 30Mb of space...:-\

Try reinstalling dark tremors. Nothing was moving for me after I flashed Bobz home rom, but reinstalling got everything working properly again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniellewc