[DEV][WIP]Building ICS for the OV

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, for the bad quailty pictures...my wife and daughter took off to New York city for shopping and a cross country race tomorrow, and they took the good camera.
Also this morning, I was in a rush to get out...didn't have time to talk.
No, I have to push my changes to git still.
Not much works on the phone and even the touch screen is not right.
I believe part of the problem is that the proprietary files are not copying over to rom.
------------------------
Edit: I believe that I have my git setup correctly for a ics build...I'm syncing with it now.
I'll let you know how it comes out in the morning...hopefully no stops!

Last edited:
Reactions: konspiracy

konspiracy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I commend you on your progress, you have skill. Also my latest 7.2 build has had some touch screen accuracy problems. Off by at least a centimeter sometimes othertimes its perfect.

Is gpu acceleration enabled or disabled?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I commend you on your progress, you have skill. Also my latest 7.2 build has had some touch screen accuracy problems. Off by at least a centimeter sometimes othertimes its perfect.

Is gpu acceleration enabled or disabled?

Are you using the kernel you built yourself? The ROM has never had an issue with touchscreen calibration, so I'm inclined to believe it's a kernel issue.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Each passing day, people are doing better with this. I'm playing around with Ice Cream Sandwich atm. It gets faster after every boot. Loving the style. :p

Props to Bobzhome, of course.

Last edited:

konspiracy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I used a touch screen calibration app and its saying its dead on. But It feels like its randomly hitting a little lower. Like I have my ram widget where it updates whenever I touch it. I have it on the bottom right corner and my dock has the web shortcut right below and if I touch the bottom corner of the widget it instead launches my browser. But sense I used that touchscreen app im more inclined to believe its user error lol.:(

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I used a touch screen calibration app and its saying its dead on. But It feels like its randomly hitting a little lower. Like I have my ram widget where it updates whenever I touch it. I have it on the bottom right corner and my dock has the web shortcut right below and if I touch the bottom corner of the widget it instead launches my browser. But sense I used that touchscreen app im more inclined to believe its user error lol.:(

Widget touch poinnts are sometimes off, especially if you resize them, its a launcher issue, not rom or kernel issue

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Please do not clutter this thread with questions about if/when a ROM will be ready. When there is a ROM available, it will be announced in another thread. ;)

Great work Bob! Makes me wish I didn't have to work the holidays so I could have helped out.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I usually leave a backup of working code on an external ext 4 formatted hdd so that it can compile or be moved without losing it's permissions. last night i started applying changes to that and messed it up big time. Is there a way to use repo to fix that without having to wait four hours?

Also Bobzhome you've got alot of repositories what do I sync to get your changes? Git pull ?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I usually leave a backup of working code on an external ext 4 formatted hdd so that it can compile or be moved without losing it's permissions. last night i started applying changes to that and messed it up big time. Is there a way to use repo to fix that without having to wait four hours?

there's a pretty good way.
I have a slow connection so I have looked for every trick I can find.
try in your source root directory where you would repo sync:
Code:
mv .repo ../
[COLOR="Red"]rm -rf ./*[/COLOR]
mv ../.repo ./
beware of the rm -rf my son, it can be used for good or evil but it has great power over both.
for those unaware, rm -rf force deletes everything it's told to.
in this case, it's told to delete everything in the current working directory.
then repo sync like usual, it'll only download new changes, and when it gets to 100% and syncs working directories it copies everything back out of .repo

Last edited:
Reactions: bdfull3r
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My current TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT := armv6k-vfp
I'm going to cherry-pick this: Gerrit Code Review and try it since it is armv6-vfp, which is what we have on the OV.
If tonight's build works out good, I'm going to try this dalvik support: Gerrit Code Review on tomorrow night's build.

kernel dmesg from lg GB kernel says the processor is armv6tej.... haven't seen that specific booger supported anywhere though.
aosp has armv5te-vfp, but not armv6te-vfp. I like armv6k-vfp, I've also seen armv6j and plain armv6 patches linked on xda recently since ics source dropped. no armv6te dalvik though :/
aosp webrtc doesn't support armv5te but works with armv6k fine. be interesting to see results from other variant.

Reactions: bdfull3r

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
beware of the rm -rf my son, it can be used for good or evil but it has great power over both.

yep. Just deleted the wrong thing.

LOL
I've always wondered what would happen if you did a adb remount then rm -rf /

I'm currently doing a git clone on bobzhome repositories using this
Code:
git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/vendor_lge_thunderc.git
git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android_device_lge_thunderc.git
git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android_build.git
git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android_dalvik.git
git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android.git
git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/android_frameworks_base.git
git clone git://github.com/BobZhome/vendor_lge_gelato.git