[DEV][WIP]Building ICS for the OV

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
What exactly have you done to it?

I removed all livewallpapers, all /system/media/videos, just left a few choices in /system/media/audio, removed bootanimation (the default android one shows instead, fine for now), cut down language and locals to just english and spanish (for now), removed two non-english keyboards, switched to gannon's Trebuchet, removed all TTS languages except english and spanish (for now), removed extra fonts, and till they are working I removed camera and video apps (that will add up to 10mb back in once they are working).

I think a complete but slimmed down package will end up weighing in at ~70mb, without gapps. ;)

(if we can crib a script together that will scrub all xhdpi images, that would save a bunch, might as well do it for all non-mdpi resources if possible)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
How small is gannon's trebuchet, cuz I slimmed it down to 1.14 mb and posted it quite a few pages back...

Sent from my Optimistic Optimus

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
im not a dev but i have an idea about the data 3g toggling issue. i posted this over in the quattrimus CM9 (ICS) thread. Knowing it has to be toggled off then on to work, would it be possible to write a script and run it through script manager at start up for a temp fix ?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Use the old airplane mode script that mmarz last year, it would run airplane mode for 10 secoonds at boot to prevent the twos 50% bug on stock roms, I will try to dig it up. Speaking of mmarz, what ever happened to him?

Edit:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=938677 I tested on iho and it works. Its an apk that does airplane mode at boot, you can give it a try

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 00_wrath_00

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
gave it a try and it didnt work. thanks though.t a try and didnt work. if i knew how to write scripts id try that for a fix. but im assuming its alot more difficult to get it to work that way. ill keep trying different things and see what i can find that works.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Got MMS working! ;)

Changes:

packages/apps/Mms/src/com/android/mms/transaction/Transaction.java
(used tdm's changes posted in his alpha thread, thanks tdm!)

packages/apps/Telephony/cdma/CdmaSMSDispatcher.java
(replace with mantera's crib of IHO, I replaced the file rather than pull in the changes)

packages/apps/Mms/res/xml/mms_config.xml
(edit to reflect IHO's device folder copy, but don't use the IHO copy, it gives a start tag error when I tried)

apns-conf.xml change Virgin Mobile US mcc=311 and mnc=490
(same as in IHO's, I thought it was pulled into CM, but I guess it didn't make it into CM9)

The issue is getting these changes to stick. The current build setup doesn't always take changes from the device and vendor folders. I'm having to make the changes directly to the trees. This has been true so far for changes to languages, locations, and now mms_config.xml. Going to have to do some investigating.

Edit: I am still have issues most of the time, but I'm pretty sure it's 3g related.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Offline-charging works on ICS! ;)

tdm's check for last_ksmg to enable offline-charging appears to work with only slight modification for ICS. The new init.c uses a different variable type for battchg_pause, and it sets a new "charger" tail, so the last_kmsg check needs to be modified appropriately.

Rather than muck with the existing init.c code, I added a new variable for our device named thunderc_reboot. I set it with the same last_kmsg code block we use for gb, and I check it beside the existing battchg_pause checks, one to skip loading the file system, the other to set the charger tail. I'm not sure if it would just be better to change the battchg_pause value?

I did switch to the VM670 chargerlogo binary and images as well.

Thanks again tdm now I can charge at nite after testing my latest ics builds without having to worry about flashing back to gb in case of crashes during charging!

Edit: Tested the following-
Plugged In
power off = offline charging
reboot = reboot
reboot recovery = reboot recovery
reboot from recovery = reboot to offline-charging (buggy, but acceptable)
crash = reboot

Not plugged in
power off = power off
reboot = reboot
reboot recovery = reboot recovery
crash = reboot

Powered off press power button, boots up
Powered off, plug in, boots to offline-charging
Offline-charging, long press power button, boots up

Crash tested by overclocking to max. ;)

Last edited:

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to sound dumb here but is there a .35 kernel in these forums? I need it to get Sense booted on our phones and I just can't find one..

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
We have always used the Froyo kernel, even with Gingerbread on IHO.

I'm pretty sure tdm is going to have a new kernel ready next week. ;)

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
We have always used the Froyo kernel, even with Gingerbread on IHO.

I'm pretty sure tdm is going to have a new kernel ready next week. ;)

With a proper kernel and such large developer push ICS could be better than the current IHO.

I am so happy I got this phone over the Sanyo incognito I almost bought a month before the V was out.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know the base address of the Optimus V? Messing with the kernel... lol
edit: nevermind, found it

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Was busy with Gingerbread the past couple of days, but I did manage to get adb and voice commands working. Was mainly a matter of filling out the missing parts to init.thunderc.rc and init.rc (thanks for the pointers thekraven, but please clean up those commits, sheesh :p).

Now that I have adb, things should be a lot easier to debug.

Anyone tried Bob's new kernel yet? I'm going to test it tomorrow, will report issues/bugs here.

BTW- did I mention THANK YOU LESLIEANN FOR ALLOWING ME TO USE YOUR BUILD SERVER!!! ;)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Was busy with Gingerbread the past couple of days, but I did manage to get adb and voice commands working. Was mainly a matter of filling out the missing parts to init.thunderc.rc and init.rc (thanks for the pointers thekraven, but please clean up those commits, sheesh :p).

Now that I have adb, things should be a lot easier to debug.

Anyone tried Bob's new kernel yet? I'm going to test it tomorrow, will report issues/bugs here.

BTW- did I mention THANK YOU LESLIEANN FOR ALLOWING ME TO USE YOUR BUILD SERVER!!! ;)

Bob has a new kernal? Is it froyo or ics? Ill check it out

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I fixed the wifi signal bars, now it shows blue.

Starts with the wpa_supplicant v8 changes here for the wifi bits in the BoardConfig.mk
https://github.com/thekraven/androi...mmit/ef0863d83745c19bb91211e7c365943d97b77878

Here are the changes to wpa_supplicant v6 and wlan0 changes.

https://github.com/thekraven/androi...mmit/ec5d8bbaa29c730892befe39b7bdd680cf0722e8

Code:
-WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_5_X
+WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_6_X
+#next line only needed for v_0_8_X
+#BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_PRIVATE_LIB := lib_driver_cmd_wext
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH := "/system/lib/modules/wireless.ko" 
-WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG := "firmware_path=/system/etc/wl/rtecdc.bin 
nvram_path=/system/etc/wl/nvram.txt" 
-WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME := wireless 
-WIFI_DRIVER_FW_STA_PATH := "/system/etc/wl/rtecdc.bin" 
-WIFI_DRIVER_FW_AP_PATH := "/system/etc/wl/rtecdc_apsta.bin" 
+WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG := "iface_name=wlan