[HELP] Can't flash RebornROM on my Optimus V :(

cotylee1991

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded RebornROM for my Optimus V, went into recovery, wiped data/cache, wiped cache, wiped dakliv (or however its spelled) cache, went to install zip from SD card, choose zip from SD card, and selected RebornROM v2.1 VM.zip. it started to say opening update package, and then it gave me a huge error saying something about the script was not allowed anymore because Google stopped the script with 1.5 and I needed to update some binary??? I did what the thread told me to do, any help or ideas?

LG Optimus V
Virgin Mobile
IHO BACKside CM 7.2
IHO Recovery
Android 2.3.7
Rooted

Thanks guys.

Sent from my LG Optimus V.
"Cracker for fun, hacker for LIFE!"

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you need to switch to xionia recovery.

Sent from: This ROM isn't the only thing I've flashed today...

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
IHO Recovery

I never tried IHO recovery. I stuck with the Thunderc Recovery since I rooted. Also, if you get it working, upon flashing Reborn rom, you might wanna flash Picastacks kernel or Bumblebee. It'll boost it from 127mb free to 175.

cotylee1991

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Big problem. I flashed the Xionia recovery via terminal emulator, and then rebooted into recovery. It rebooted, and then stuck on the LG splash screen. Then I took out the battery, replaced it, and then manually booted into recovery (power, volume down, + home), and the LG logo showed up, went off, then the screen was backlit and black and never went to Xionia recovery!!! :(

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Huh? The zip I linked you to should of been flashed via recovery. Not in terminal. That's why it has "flashable" in it's file name.

cotylee1991

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Huh? The zip I linked you to should of been flashed via recovery. Not in terminal. That's why it has "flashable" in it's file name.

Oh damnit. I flashed it in terminal by typing
- su
- cd sdcard
- flash_image recovery Xionia.zip
- reboot recovery

And then the screen stuck on the LG splash. I got my phone booted up, so I'm gonna flash my old recovery then boot into recovery and flash it while in recovery.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It's a flashable zip. You can flash this recovery in your current recovery, then go to advanced and select reboot recovery. Once rebooted, it will boot your newly flashed recovery. Flash in any recovery? Not sure about that. But it works with pretty much any modded recovery.