Visit site
About my phone:
Model: Optimus V
ROM: Stock
Rooted: Yes
Android: 2.2.1
Version: VM670ZV4
Screen: Novatek

I followed this tutorial: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

Ok here is where I'm at and what I've tried so far.

Placed the VM670NH_recovery.img and Flash Image GUI app on the SD card.
I installed the Flash Image GUI app, started the app browsed to the VM670NH_recovery.img and then hit flash leaving the option that were preset check marked.

Afterwords it said about doing a fast boot which I did. I notice I'm about out of space now, 9 megs left of internal memory now. Had about 55megs before flashing the recovery.img.

I turn the phone off and boot into the recovery mode to make a back-up of my stock ROM.
What starts is a blue screen that says;
Fastboot mode started
udc_start()

It does nothing, I have to pull the battery and power up the phone again.

It was suggested to me elsewhere to try this in Terminal:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
cd /system/bin
chmod 777 flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/VM670NH_recovery.img
reboot recovery

The above did not work because this is what I got:
Line: cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin

Terminal come back with: CP can't create'/system/bin/flash_image': file exists

So I figured I could try the next line: chmod 777 flash_image

Terminal came back with: unable to chmod flash_image: read only file system

I tried just using the last line in Terminal:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/VM670NH_recovery.img
reboot recovery

Terminal comes back:
mount: device or resource busy
mount: device or resource busy

So I can not get my phone into recovery mode. Any ideas what I need to do to correct this issue?

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You can do the terminal method, but only if you have the flash_image file on your SD card. I don't have a link to one currently, maybe someone else does. Basically what the terminal is doing is copying flash image to a system partition in your phone, and changing its permissions to let you flash your recovery. You can't enter in just one line, and this method will certainly nor work with no flash image file. Like I said, I'm sure someone has one. What flash image GUI does is automates this process. However, running the app should not have taken away so much internal storage. I have no experience with this app, as I've never used it, so I can't help you all that much. The only thing I can think of that is taking up so much space is the app itself perhaps? Check under applications in settings, and see how much space the app takes up. Sometimes apps download a bunch of stuff to the internal memory. The blue screen is the Optimus's fastboot mode. Don't know why you are seeing that when trying to reboot into recovery. Hope I could help. Now I'm going to go get a bag to put my thumbs in, since they are about to fall off after typing all that from my phone :D

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

elgecko

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I finally got it figured out.

I had to use Fastboot to restore my phone to new.

Do not use Flash Image GUI app, to flash VM670NH_recovery.img when Link2SD is set for auto linking. That's what caused all the problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK