general help

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to change my rom on my optimus v, but every time i go to do it. it says that the new rom i'm trying to flash it says installation aborted. first i thought it was a bad download so i did several other time with the same out come. my phone is not brick its working just fine just wanted to know why this is happening and how can i change my rom. currently i'm running bobZhome rom, wanted to go to backside that's all. any and all help is appreciated. Also has anyone heard if the miui rom is going to be coming to the ov ?

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you flash a recovery via ROM manager while on bobz's ROM? Because ROM manager's recovery for the v doesn't work. As for MIUI, no. Not gonna happen.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
No i didn't i dont even have ROM manager. I downloaded the Rom via my laptop then transferred it to my sd card , then went into my recovery and did it that way. This is what i did

1) Backup your apps with something like TitaniumBackup or MyBackup

2) Download the BACKside ROM zip file, the gapps zip file, and optional GreenMachineTheme zip file linked below and place them on your sdcard

3) Boot into recovery

4) Make a backup (ALWAYS RECOMMENDED!)

5) Wipe cache, and under advanced wipe dalvik cache

6) Under mounts, format boot, system, data, and cache (only recommended when coming from a different ROM)

7) Flash the BACKside ROM zip file
so i did that and nothing

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You need to check the md5sum of your download to be sure it isn't corrupt.

Once you have the ROM zip file on your sdcard, open Terminal emulator and type the following:
Code:
su
md5sum /sdcard/BACKside-IHO-VM670-02122012.zip
The md5 you are looking for with the 0212201 build is:
51ba91eb8237c85977877f32e3eddb99

Reactions: A-android-B

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
don't know what the deal is with my phone .:confused: i just downloaded the ROM again tried the terminal emulator with no luck it says no zip found . I know this is probably a dumb question but, i should i get ROM manager? Maybe i have something turned off that i should turn on? Thanks for the the help JerryScript.:)

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
i figured as much lol just needed verification. so it could be that my card is failing? how do i go about checking that cause i got my music on it and works just fine. totally erase the card and start over?

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
well i reformatted the sd card and nothing same thing i tried the terminal emulator said zip not found. then tried going into recovery i wiped both the cache and the davlik and tried flashing it and it said installation aborted. :confused: don't understand what's the deal.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
inceyet... i just did this yesterday... i am having same/similar problem... the option is in your recovery menu... youll scrool past it when you go to format system... do not forget to backup phone and make current copies of files to desktop/laptop!!!

oops... already answered... and ive tried this with ov running alone and still hasnt worked... i think jerry has the idea of it having to do with poor signal... you use 3g or wifi to download?.. how many bars do you usually have?...

Last edited:

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
i am using my wifi for my downloading. i'm gonna try to use a different card,but the one i'm currently using is only a couple weeks old . so i guess we'll see here we go.:-\

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
:mad: unbelievable still nothing i've tried a different sd card same result. wow this crazy i just installed the bobZhome updated version with no problem. it is just not letting me flash any other ROM at all. just asking but what about wiping data/factory reset in the recovery? just wondering don't worry i wont do anything else untill i get some of that expert help. much appreciated to all help.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
( when downloading from pc) make sure when the "open with" window pops up that your browser is selected and save... try that...

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
. just asking but what about wiping data/factory reset in the recovery? just wondering don't worry i wont do anything else untill i get some of that expert help.

There is your problem.
You need to do that (it's safe to do from recovery, just not from within the rom).
You also need to wipe dalvik, boot and system. Older phones you could get away with not doing all of this, but newer ones, almost universally require it.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
ok i know how to do the dalvik wipe but the system and boot do you mean format or wipe cause i dont know how or where that is in the recovery i know the format section.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member