Will the OV get a touch recovery?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have seen times where a battery wipe was needed to correct errors, but most should never have to.

Ive had a fully charged phone and it read 50%. Deleted the bat stats and everything was back to normal.

I think what drew is getting at is a lot of new roms have wipe bat stats cooked into the install script. Personally I think its a good idea so you dont get corrupted data from multiple roms.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed drew's latest recovery from the OS forum. Works 100% on my OV. backup and restore is flawless. Flashing works great. Now you can see the files being backed up and loaded. Drew and everyone else who worked on it did an awesome job. Anyone wants to try go over to the OS forum and check out the Clockwork touch recovery. Be sure to hit the thanks button when your overthere.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ive had a fully charged phone and it read 50%. Deleted the bat stats and everything was back to normal.

I think what drew is getting at is a lot of new roms have wipe bat stats cooked into the install script. Personally I think its a good idea so you dont get corrupted data from multiple roms.

Battery stats literally has nothing to do with the display of battery charge levels. There is a link in the CWMT thread to a post by Dianne Hackborn (A Google kernel dev) that addresses this misconception.

I have never seen a ROM wipe battery stats.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Battery stats literally has nothing to do with the display of battery charge levels. There is a link in the CWMT thread to a post by Dianne Hackborn (A Google kernel dev) that addresses this misconception.

Ive read that article.

I cant explain why deleting that file made my battery indicator work properly again. Hell it could have been just rebooting it that did it.

With my sgs4g each time I install a new rom the bat stat file has been recreated.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ive read that article.

I cant explain why deleting that file made my battery indicator work properly again. Hell it could have been just rebooting it that did it.

With my sgs4g each time I install a new rom the bat stat file has been recreated.

Hmm. Yeah that is strange. I blame the gremlins.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
for me it is . ive flashed IHO ICS and gannons ports. did back up and they backed up fine. restore worked fine. so far im the only one i know of using it on the OV.

Edit I also flashed weekend project 2.2.2. Flashed with no problems.

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Wipping the battery stats is helpful for people that replace their batteries, or for what every reason flash a ROM while the phone is charging after first booting into the ROM.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Sigh... I may have to retract my previous statement lol I got bored and decided try it out... Must say I do like not button mashing my volume keys to go up n down

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Not having the wipe battery stats doesn't bother me... If I decide I want to do that there's doing it manually or apk on the market

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Works fine with ics and all other roms. I tested to make sure it would work with all our roms. And back up works fine also. Make sure its the newest recovery drew has out.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
ill update BACKside with it :D

booyeah.png

flashing backside

BACKside.png

i love how the buttions still work too