[DEVS ONLY] ics repo

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I pushed the files, so it should build alpha5. Down the line you will have to pull in changes from CM manually and merge.

I started with icsa7 branch, syncing at 99% and I just saw this line

Code:
From git://github.com/photon-dev-team/proprietary_vendor_motorola

is icsa7 branch for Optimus or by any chance for your Photon build?

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
kraven, when i run . build.sh, i get this

vamshi@ubuntu:~/android/system$ . build.sh
Code:
: command not found
'ash: build.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `
'ash: build.sh: line 4: `setup()

will run the usual way for now. At lunch, I got these options, diff from the usual ones

Code:
Lunch menu... pick a combo:
     1. full-eng
     2. full_x86-eng
     3. vbox_x86-eng
     4. cm_thunderc-userdebug
     5. generic_olympus-userdebug
     6. generic_sunfire-userdebug
     7. cm_anzu-userdebug
     8. cm_coconut-userdebug
     9. cm_crespo-userdebug
     10. cm_crespo4g-userdebug
     11. cm_epicmtd-userdebug
     12. cm_galaxys2-userdebug
     13. cm_haida-userdebug
     14. cm_hallon-userdebug
     15. cm_iyokan-userdebug
     16. cm_mango-userdebug
     17. cm_maguro-userdebug
     18. cm_p4tmo-userdebug
     19. cm_p4vzw-userdebug
     20. cm_p4wifi-userdebug
     21. cm_p5-userdebug
     22. cm_p5wifi-userdebug
     23. cm_p920-userdebug
     24. cm_p970-userdebug
     25. cm_p990-userdebug
     26. cm_p999-userdebug
     27. cm_pyramid-userdebug
     28. cm_satsuma-userdebug
     29. cm_shooter-userdebug
     30. cm_shooteru-userdebug
     31. cm_smb_a1011-userdebug
     32. cm_smultron-userdebug
     33. cm_tenderloin-userdebug
     34. cm_tf101-userdebug
     35. cm_tf201-userdebug
     36. cm_toro-userdebug
     37. cm_urushi-userdebug
     38. cm_wingray-userdebug
     39. cm_zeus-userdebug

So, I chose 4. Seemed to be the only one for our phone. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
You won't believe this. The same error I used to get before I re-installed Ubuntu. I have Sun JDK btw & 8gb swap :(
I have no clue which memory is running short.

Code:
logtags: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/src/core/java/android/content/EventLogTags.java <= frameworks/base/core/java/android/content/EventLogTags.logtags
logtags: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/src/core/java/android/speech/tts/EventLogTags.java <= frameworks/base/core/java/android/speech/tts/EventLogTags.logtags
logtags: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/src/core/java/android/webkit/EventLogTags.java <= frameworks/base/core/java/android/webkit/EventLogTags.logtags
logtags: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/src/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/EventLogTags.java <= frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/EventLogTags.logtags
target Java: bouncycastle (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes)
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
host Prebuilt: jarjar (out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/jarjar_intermediates/javalib.jar)
Install: out/host/linux-x86/framework/jarjar.jar
JarJar: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes-jarjar.jar
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/emma_out/lib/classes-jarjar.jar
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes.jar
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/noproguard.classes.jar
target Dex: bouncycastle
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/noproguard.classes.dex
target Jar: bouncycastle (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/javalib.jar)
 'out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes.dex' as 'classes.dex'...
target Java: framework (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes)
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes-jarjar.jar
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/emma_out/lib/classes-jarjar.jar
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes.jar
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes.jar
target Dex: framework

UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL ERROR:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
	at java.util.TreeMap.put(TreeMap.java:554)
	at com.android.dx.dex.file.StringIdsSection.intern(StringIdsSection.java:135)
	at com.android.dx.dex.file.StringIdsSection.intern(StringIdsSection.java:112)
	at com.android.dx.dex.file.MemberIdItem.addContents(MemberIdItem.java:56)
	at com.android.dx.dex.file.MethodIdItem.addContents(MethodIdItem.java:43)
	at com.android.dx.dex.file.UniformItemSection.prepare0(UniformItemSection.java:76)
	at com.android.dx.dex.file.Section.prepare(Section.java:214)
	at com.android.dx.dex.file.DexFile.toDex0(DexFile.java:506)
	at com.android.dx.dex.file.DexFile.toDex(DexFile.java:216)
	at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.writeDex(Main.java:574)
	at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.run(Main.java:218)
	at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:174)
	at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:95)
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes-with-local.dex] Error 3
vamshi@ubuntu:~/android/system$

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe Ubuntu stopped redistributing Sun Java, which means we can't just say "use Ubuntu version x.yy" anymore. What exact version of Sun Java do you have and where did you get it from? I setup LeslieAnn's build server with version 6u30 and it works fine. If you have a login on that server, you can scp the packages from /usr/local/src and install them onto your box. You need these:

$ dpkg --get-selections | grep sun-java6
sun-java6-bin install
sun-java6-jdk install
sun-java6-jre install

As for the error, plug "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded" into google. You will find that one way to avoid the error is to increase the java process memory. I think this would probably be done in build/core/combo/javac.mk. But the fact that you're getting an error makes me suspect that the underlying issue is the Java packages and you might run into other issues.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I believe Ubuntu stopped redistributing Sun Java, which means we can't just say "use Ubuntu version x.yy" anymore. What exact version of Sun Java do you have and where did you get it from? I setup LeslieAnn's build server with version 6u30 and it works fine. If you have a login on that server, you can scp the packages from /usr/local/src and install them onto your box. You need these:

$ dpkg --get-selections | grep sun-java6
sun-java6-bin install
sun-java6-jdk install
sun-java6-jre install

As for the error, plug "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded" into google. You will find that one way to avoid the error is to increase the java process memory. I think this would probably be done in build/core/combo/javac.mk. But the fact that you're getting an error makes me suspect that the underlying issue is the Java packages and you might run into other issues.

Thanks tdm. this is my Java version:
Code:
java version "1.6.0_06"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)

I don't have a log in to LeslieAnn's server. And I got it from Can't install sun-java6-bin package on Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) - Stack Overflow
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hardy multiverse to be exact.

I did google when I got the error and found out that 2 ways of resolving it are to either increase Java heap size or to make the process ignore the error. Increasing heap size through something like -Xmx1024m but I can;t figure out how to do that. Let me know what is the best way to handle this. I could ask LeslieAnn for a login but the fact that I haven't contributed much until now makes me think twice. Don't want to hog the resources that others could use for successful building.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks tdm. this is my Java version:
Code:
java version "1.6.0_06"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)

I don't have a log in to LeslieAnn's server. And I got it from Can't install sun-java6-bin package on Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) - Stack Overflow
'deb Index of /ubuntu hardy multiverse' to be exact.

I did google when I got the error and found out that 2 ways of resolving it are to either increase Java heap size or to make the process ignore the error. Increasing heap size through something like -Xmx1024m but I can;t figure out how to do that. Let me know what is the best way to handle this. I could ask LeslieAnn for a login but the fact that I haven't contributed much until now makes me think twice. Don't want to hog the resources that others could use for successful building.
I'm sure you could always ask Leslie :)
Depends though. What are you necessarily trying to do? Are you still trying to build CNA? Or..?
Lol

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you could always ask Leslie :)
Depends though. What are you necessarily trying to do? Are you still trying to build CNA? Or..?
Lol

Yeah, I think I'll ask her. Lets see what tdm says. If he thinks its a good idea to ask her, I will :)
I'm trying to build ICS from thekraven's source. I thought once I do this simple build, I can easily learn how to build CNA :D

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think I'll ask her. Lets see what tdm says. If he thinks its a good idea to ask her, I will :)
I'm trying to build ICS from thekraven's source. I thought once I do this simple build, I can easily learn how to build CNA :D

Since you are actively working with this, I have no problem with you using the server. This is for people helping the community, if people just want to play, they can use their own computers and do it the slow way.

Read the build server thread, it tells how to get started.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I can put those packages up for download tomorrow if you don't want to get a login on the build server.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
While both of you are here, I might as well confront you. I've had this error before, but it had to do with the repo curl. I've tried changing it but I get the same error every time:
Code:
gannon5197@icsbox:~/android/system$ repo sync
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/main.py", line 238, in <module>
    _Main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/main.py", line 220, in _Main
    repo._Run(argv)
  File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/main.py", line 125, in _Run
    cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
  File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py", line 381, in Execute
    all = self.GetProjects(args, missing_ok=True)
  File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/command.py", line 63, in GetProjects
    all = self.manifest.projects
  File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 186, in projects
    self._Load()
  File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 236, in _Load
    self._ParseManifest(True)
  File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 254, in _ParseManifest
    root = xml.dom.minidom.parse(self.manifestFile)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/minidom.py", line 1918, in parse
    return expatbuilder.parse(file)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 924, in parse
    result = builder.parseFile(fp)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 207, in parseFile
    parser.Parse(buffer, 0)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: mismatched tag: line 20, column 4

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Since you are actively working with this, I have no problem with you using the server. This is for people helping the community, if people just want to play, they can use their own computers and do it the slow way.

Read the build server thread, it tells how to get started.

Thanks Leslie, I will read that up and get started. At school right now. Thanks again :)

I can put those packages up for download tomorrow if you don't want to get a login on the build server.

In the meantime yes. So, just to clarify, I don;t have to reinstall Ubuntu again or anything right. and the packages you are going to post are java packages? So, I just have to install them and make that into default java right?
Thanks for the support tdm. I'm a happy camper here :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38