[DEVS ONLY] ics repo

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Well it was easy, yet time consuming. All I really had to do was open the default.xml and edit the place where it got the files from. For example:
I changed:

Code:
<project path="frameworks/base" name="gannon5197/android_frameworks_base" />

to
Code:
<project path="frameworks/base" name="CNA/android_frameworks_base" revision="mod" />

ALSO: you're going to want to do the same with some of the apps.

Thanks bro. So how did you set up YOUR repo on git (lets say for CNA)? Did you fork all the ICS folders, device and vendor files from IHO and edit default.xml to grab frameworks, apps, media from CNA? I'm a little confused here, do will still do the same work as in porting a ROM except we do it on Git with forks or the whole process is different?

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks bro. So how did you set up YOUR repo on git (lets say for CNA)? Did you fork all the ICS folders, device and vendor files from IHO and edit default.xml to grab frameworks, apps, media from CNA? I'm a little confused here, do will still do the same work as in porting a ROM except we do it on Git with forks or the whole process is different?

I forked all the necessary folders that Jerry said to Here from Bob's repo (you would use thekraven's) and changed all the BobZhome's in the default.xml to mine.

Correctamundo. This is actually pretty easy, except for the fact that you have to be VERY specific when messing with a default.xml (revisions, names, etc.) Like I said before, you can build from my repo and get CNA. But I would recommend building from thekraven's and just comparing his default.xml to mine. Note: to save time, you might want to repo init thekraven's, and then BEFORE you repo sync, go to (cd) ~/android/system/.repo/manifests/ and gedit default.xml. This will show you what is going to be synced before you sync it. This way you don't have to wait until it syncs before you can edit the default.xml. Lol good luck! Are you planning on syncing with IHO or CM9?

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried all options from reposync all the way to reposync -j16 and it stops 99% with this error

Code:
error: RPC failed; result=18, HTTP code = 2008 MiB | 98 KiB/s

I'm trying to build GB from IHO :-\

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried all options from reposync all the way to reposync -j16 and it stops 99% with this error

Code:
error: RPC failed; result=18, HTTP code = 2008 MiB | 98 KiB/s

I'm trying to build GB from IHO :-\

Try running this command:
Code:
git config http.postBuffer 524288000
Then delete your .repo folder.

Then start from the beginning with repo init -u

I'm not 100% sure that will fix your issue, but it's worth a shot. ;)

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Jerry. Though, I was impatient and deleted android, bin folders and started over with thekraven's ICS1.
reposync finished successfully but getting this error with make bacon.

Code:
target Generated: libwebcore <= external/webkit/Source/WebCore/dom/make_names.pl
target Generated: libwebcore <= external/webkit/Source/WebCore/dom/make_names.pl
target Generated: libwebcore <= external/webkit/Source/WebCore/css/tokenizer.flex
target Generated: libwebcore <= external/webkit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLEntityNames.in
Notice file: external/webkit/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libwebcore.so.txt
Notice file: external/webkit/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libwebcore.a.txt
Notice file: external/libxml2/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libxml2.a.txt
Notice file: external/skia/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libskiagpu.a.txt
Notice file: external/v8/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libv8.a.txt
Notice file: external/webrtc/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libwebrtc_audio_preprocessing.so.txt
Notice file: external/icu4c/stubdata/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/usr/icu/icudt46l.dat.txt
Notice file: dalvik/dexdump/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/xbin/dexdump.txt
Notice file: external/bluetooth/bluez/tools/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/xbin/hcitool.txt
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/cm/proprietary/Term.apk', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/system/app/Term.apk'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Notice file: system/su/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/xbin/su.txt
vamshi@ubuntu:~/android/system$

EDIT: Ran make bacon again and its running :D

Last edited:

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Jerry. Though, I was impatient and deleted android, bin folders and started over with thekraven's ICS1.
reposync finished successfully but getting this error with make bacon.

Code:
target Generated: libwebcore <= external/webkit/Source/WebCore/css/tokenizer.flex
target Generated: libwebcore <= external/webkit/Source/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLEntityNames.in
Notice file: external/webkit/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libwebcore.so.txt
Notice file: external/webkit/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libwebcore.a.txt
Notice file: external/libxml2/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libxml2.a.txt
Notice file: external/skia/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libskiagpu.a.txt
Notice file: external/v8/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libv8.a.txt
Notice file: external/webrtc/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libwebrtc_audio_preprocessing.so.txt
Notice file: external/icu4c/stubdata/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/usr/icu/icudt46l.dat.txt
Notice file: dalvik/dexdump/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/xbin/dexdump.txt
Notice file: external/bluetooth/bluez/tools/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/xbin/hcitool.txt
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/cm/proprietary/Term.apk', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/system/app/Term.apk'.  Stop.
Notice file: system/su/NOTICE -- out/target/product/thunderc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/xbin/su.txt
vamshi@ubuntu:~/android/system$

EDIT: Ran make bacon again and its running :D

Weird that you ran it again and it is working for you. I believe that you have to delete some lines from a BoardConfig.mk in order to tell it that you don't want to build it. Because after all, it's not necessary

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Weird that you ran it again and it is working for you. I believe that you have to delete some lines from a BoardConfig.mk in order to tell it that you don't want to build it. Because after all, it's not necessary

Whats not necessary? Term.apk? I'll try to find the BoardConfig.mk file and see if my noobish brain can help me edit it.

Gannon, you are right, it ran for a while and stopped at the same error. I searched for boardconfig.mk and found more than 5 files.
Not sure which one to edit (path would help) and how to remove term.apk from it.

Last edited:

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I get this error now.

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/lge/thunderc/proprietary/lib/modules/wireless.ko', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/modules/wireless.ko'.  Stop.

gannon, i remember you said somewhere that as long as these errors have nothng to do with OUT folder, its easy to fix, how is that?

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I get this error now.

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/lge/thunderc/proprietary/lib/modules/wireless.ko', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/modules/wireless.ko'.  Stop.

gannon, i remember you said somewhere that as long as these errors have nothng to do with OUT folder, its easy to fix, how is that?

Well out folder errors are easy to fix because it's usually the candidate of another error. Because after all, one error always leads to another :p
Here is what you need, because I'm far too busy to post it right now:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...3-dev-wip-building-ics-ov-31.html#post1616386
(second post down)
What I would do is delete your whole out folder (rm -rf ~/android/system/out) and fix these changes and re- . build/envsetup.sh.

Although when I ran into this error I downloaded a random term.apk from the internet and put it in that spot where it needs it.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Well out folder errors are easy to fix because it's usually the candidate of another error. Because after all, one error always leads to another :p
Here is what you need, because I'm far too busy to post it right now:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...3-dev-wip-building-ics-ov-31.html#post1616386
(second post down)
What I would do is delete your whole out folder (rm -rf ~/android/system/out) and fix these changes and re- . build/envsetup.sh.

Although when I ran into this error I downloaded a random term.apk from the internet and put it in that spot where it needs it.

Thanks man. The error however is wireless.ko, term.apk is taken care of :p

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Sir, any advice for wireless.ko error?

Sorry I lost track of which repositories you are pulling your device/lge/thunderc and vendor/lge/thunderc from.

If this is IHO, you should see:

Code:
~/src/iho$ find device/lge/thunderc/ vendor/lge/thunderc/ -name "wireless.ko"
device/lge/thunderc/files/LS670/kernel/wireless.ko
device/lge/thunderc/files/VM670/kernel/wireless.ko

If you can't find wireless.ko in those directories, something is wrong.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I lost track of which repositories you are pulling your device/lge/thunderc and vendor/lge/thunderc from.

If this is IHO, you should see:

Code:
~/src/iho$ find device/lge/thunderc/ vendor/lge/thunderc/ -name "wireless.ko"
device/lge/thunderc/files/LS670/kernel/wireless.ko
device/lge/thunderc/files/VM670/kernel/wireless.ko

If you can't find wireless.ko in those directories, something is wrong.

Oh, I'm building from thekraven's ICS1. Would it still be the same then?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Check to see if those drivers are in these folders. Otherwise, you will need to grab iscream or gingerkernel and place them in

Code:
# 
Wifi
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
 vendor/lge/thunderc/proprietary/lib/modules/wireless.ko:system/lib/modules/wireless.ko 
\
vendor/lge/thunderc/proprietary/lib/modules/librasdioif.ko:system/lib/modules/librasdioif.ko \
vendor/lge/thunderc/proprietary/lib/modules/tun.ko:system/lib/modules/tun.ko \

Then place the kernel in device/lge/thunderc. You might have to rename zimage to kernel.
What you could do is go back to a previous state in that vendor folder, the current state may not be buildable.
cd vendor/lge/thunder
git reflogg
For example, if you see something like 1234567... HEAD0 build 3 or any commit
git reset --hard 1234567

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Here's a script that i use to build and makes a log file. Just place in your build folder like android/system. It builds thunderc so it will work for VM or sprint for now till it gets more device specific in the lunch menu.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
SOURCE_DIR="$(dirname "$(readlink -f "$0")")"
setup()
{
    USE_CCACHE=1
    CCACHE=ccache
    CCACHE_BASEDIR="$SOURCE_DIR"
    CCACHE_COMPRESS=1
    CCACHE_DIR="$SOURCE_DIR/.ccache"
    export USE_CCACHE CCACHE_DIR CCACHE_COMPRESS CCACHE_BASEDIR
    source build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_$1-userdebug
}
setup thunderc
if [ "$1" = "clean" ]; then
    make CC=gcc-4.4 CXX=g++-4.4 clean
fi
START=$(date +%s)
make CC=gcc-4.4 CXX=g++-4.4 -j`cat /proc/cpuinfo| grep processor | wc -l` otapackage 2>&1 | tee build_log 
END=$(date +%s)
ELAPSED=$((END - START))
E_MIN=$((ELAPSED / 60))
E_SEC=$((ELAPSED - E_MIN * 60))
printf "Time to compile: "
[ $E_MIN != 0 ] && printf "%d min(s) " $E_MIN
printf "%d sec(s)\n" $E_SEC

And just run
. build.sh

For a fresh build
. build.sh clean

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Kraven, i placed the iScream kernel files like you mentioned. Now when I run it's stopping at the config.xml error at line 127. I looked at the file at that line and it looks like

Code:
 <string name="config_geocodeProvider">com.google.android.location.GeocodeProvider</string>
</resources>

I remember you said last time that there is a '>' missing somewhere. What should I change the above line to?

error is
Code:
device/lge/thunderc/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml:127: error: Error parsing XML: mismatched tag
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/framework-res_intermediates/package-export.apk] Error 1
make: *** Deleting file `out/target/common/obj/APPS/framework-res_intermediates/package-export.apk'

Also, I unzipped the build.sh to the folder you said and will use it from now on. Thanks much for supporting :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe