Cpu Overclock Help!!

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Guess I'm lucky. Mine doesn't have any freakouts til I'm at 825Mhz.

Vaguely remember reading that people had varying degrees of OC success with various ROMs. Have you tried several ROMS to see if different ones gave you more ability to OC?

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
No processor is exactly the same. None are perfect, since they're so freakin' small. The processor would and could be a lot more powerful if they were prefect. But each processor in the phone isn't exactly the same, so everyone may have a bit different results when overclocking. :-\

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if any of you might have better luck with ICS once it's stable enough for your tastes. Its kernel has a few more governor options. It likely won't make a difference, but it would be interesting to see.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if any of you might have better luck with ICS once it's stable enough for your tastes. Its kernel has a few more governor options. It likely won't make a difference, but it would be interesting to see.

I've actually had stability trouble in ICS without even OC'ing. It always overheats.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I want my old OV, overclockable to 864. This one goes to 806 and reboots or freezes after 3 minutes.

I can now see why you guys complain. :p

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
hmm.... i have mine running on performance 24/7 at 864, i never have problems. zips through processes like nothing. try a full wipe and do a long battery pull.... maybe resetting the internals would help.

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
What does resetting the internals even mean?

pull your battery out and wait 10min. your clock will have the wrong time, the date will be wrong, etc. its a way to fully reset everything running and give your phone a break. it's no genius trick but it helps a lot of situations. it wouldn't hurt to try it anyways.
pretty shocked you've never heard of a battery pull.