Stuck in Blue Fastboot....am I screwed?

nutmeg07

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I know, I'm stupid - I was in recovery mode and moronically did the LG Factory reset everyone says NEVER TO DO.

So now I'm stuck in blue fastboot with my optimus V. Can't go back into recovery - it just keeps bringing me back here.

I tried connecting with ADB using my mac.

But when I user terminal and put in:
Users/.../Desktop/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb devices

I get this, followed by nothing.

List of devices attached:

If nothing comes up, does that mean I am totally screwed?

When I plug my phone into the USB of my comp, it says "fastboot: processing commands"... any chance that is a good sign?

I just want to know if I should give up already. Been looking at forum posts for the past four hours trying to figure this out...

Thank you for any help!

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
If you installed the Android SDK then you have Fastboot and that is what you need to communicate with your phone. You can us it to flash a new recovery. There are guides on how this is done, I have never used ti myself.

Fastboot should be in the same folder that adb is in, so instead of entering "adb" in cmd, enter "fastboot."

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The factory reset found in recovery mode doesn't do anything bad.... you can just boot right back into recovery like I said on the other thread.

Sent via the Postal Service

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The factory reset found in recovery mode doesn't do anything bad.... you can just boot right back into recovery like I said on the other thread.

EDIT: Never mind, I went to the other thread and realized that after following my instructions you messed up again:p ohh boy.

But if you reset it from within recovery, there should be no problem and you SHOULD be able to get right back into recovery. The reset in recovery is safe... if you can get back into recovery, attach your phone to your computer and mount USB storage from within recovery.

nutmeg07

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get back into recovery mode like I did earlier anthonycr. When I hold home, volume down, and power, it just shows me Android 'unpackaging' graphic and says Android system recovery, formatting cache...factory reset, rebooting.. and then goes back to blue fastboot screen.

I read instructions for ADB shell and have been trying to use that, but like I said, nothing is listed under attached devices when I do command "adb devices" in terminal which makes me think either I am doing it wrong or am a lost cause.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get back into recovery mode like I did earlier anthonycr. When I hold home, volume down, and power, it just shows me Android 'unpackaging' graphic and says Android system recovery, formatting cache...factory reset, rebooting.. and then goes back to blue fastboot screen.

I read instructions for ADB shell and have been trying to use that, but like I said, nothing is listed under attached devices when I do command "adb devices" in terminal which makes me think either I am doing it wrong or am a lost cause.

Try back, volume down, and power. That's how I access recovery.

nutmeg07

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is useful, but I just plugged the USB into my PC work comp (at home I use Mac) and I got the popup saying something was connected. So at least it knows?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is useful, but I just plugged the USB into my PC work comp (at home I use Mac) and I got the popup saying something was connected. So at least it knows?

Yeah I've heard Macs don't deal with the phones too well. Idk what you can do... try one of the stickies

nutmeg07

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
OK, progress has been made!

I was able to use fastboot from SDK tools to command my phone to reboot, and it did!

Bad news is I can't seem to flash a recovery. When I put in "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (I renamed the recovery file recovery.img) it says "error: cannot load recovery.img"

The recovery file is in the same folder as the fastboot, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Heeeelllpp meeee pleaassee! At least tell me this means things will be OK?

NerdyNugget

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I was able to use fastboot from SDK tools to command my phone to reboot, and it did!

Bad news is I can't seem to flash a recovery. When I put in "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (I renamed the recovery file recovery.img) it says "error: cannot load recovery.img"
I would re-download the Recovery.img but before you save it to the drive rename the file name to "recovery.img" then save the file. it always works for me when I have that issue

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

The recovery file is in the same folder as the fastboot, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Heeeelllpp meeee pleaassee! At least tell me this means things will be OK?

That should work but just for giggles try booting it from fastboot instead
"fastboot boot recovery.img"

If that works it should boot the device directly into recovery without flashing it, you could than try flashing recovery from zip perhaps (not normally recommended I know)?

Edit: While I doubt it has anything to do with this, you could try using it without renaming the file and just type the full file name instead of recovery.img

nutmeg07

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Still can't load, even keeping original file name :(

/Desktop/android-sdk/platform-tools/fastboot boot xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
cannot load 'xionia_cwma_12518.6.img'

Desktop/android-sdk/platform-tools/fastboot flash recovery xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
error: cannot load 'xionia_cwma_12518.6.img'

Ahhh I'm losing my head. Any other suggestions? I can only use fastboot, adb does not recognize my device.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to adb... as in I just figured it out today, but... aren't you supposed to type "adb connect" to connect your device to the computer :maybe: mine wont connect till I type that and then its connected.

nutmeg07

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
ADB Connect gives me this:

Desktop/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb connect
Usage: adb connect <host>[:<port>]

adb devices gives me:
Desktop/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb devices
List of devices attached

Do I need to specify a host/port for it to connect? Not sure how to do that.. I was under the impression just asking it to list devices should normally work (not the case for me since nothing shows up)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just type adb connect and then type the command you want to execute. That's what I got too when typing adb connect. Idk if that is supposes to be what comes up but try typing that and then your command...

nutmeg07

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
From what I found searching around about adb connect, it does sound like it's just for wifi and won't be of much help here. When I do try it though, I get...

Desktop/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb connect devices
unable to connect to devices:5555

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah if the device responded to 'fastboot reboot' than you know it is not going to accept adb commands (adb will not accept fastboot commands and fastboot will never accept adb commands {sort of obnoxious but worth mention}). Perhaps try a different recovery, 'error: cannot load 'xionia_cwma_12518.6.img' sounds like an issue with the image; as in not being present or something being wrong with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38