CWM Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the only time you should need to use ADB or fastboot is if the recovery is borked, and you attempt to flash a new ROM zip file with the borked recovery. As LeslieAnn likes to say, having either one working allows you to fix the other. Break both, and it's pretty much time for fastboot. ;)

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of Fastboot, I ended up there a few times after doing a complete wipe and ended up rebooting the phone.

My fingers are to fat :p for the CWMT.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I really don't like using the camera button for selecting. It's a two stage button, and they are much easier to break when used a lot. The home key seems safer IMHO. ;)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed your recovery jerry;) after ten months on CWM 3.0.2.1... I really like the colors, I didn't even think that you can change them.

How do you decompile a recovery anyway...:p

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: JerryScript

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
A recovery is pretty much like a boot.img and the RAM-Disc is what I decompiled, now I just need to find a good Tool-Chain to work on the Zimage.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Posted a link to your recovery on my OM ROM thrread, that is until I mod it to be blue to go with the blue theme of my ROM :)

Thanks, it's a WIP right now, I will be adding some features like combined wipe cache+dalvik-cache, combined format boot+system+data+cache, xionia's lge-factory-reset (if it proves safe), boot-loop prevention/fix, and qpst support. Once that's done, I put up a thread about it. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
A recovery is pretty much like a boot.img and the RAM-Disc is what I decompiled, now I just need to find a good Tool-Chain to work on the Zimage.

If you have synced with IHO, you can build just the recovery with make recoveryimage, takes about a minute to compile. Just be sure you swap in BobZhome's kernel so you have the proper screen drivers. ;)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry. The recovery is 5.0.28. Will It brick with radio update too?

Also, in latest backside, when I hide 3g icon, status bar force closes and I have to reboot to get it back. :(?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, it's a WIP right now, I will be adding some features like combined wipe cache+dalvik-cache, combined format boot+system+data+cache, xionia's lge-factory-reset (if it proves safe), boot-loop prevention/fix, and qpst support. Once that's done, I put up a thread about it. ;)
If you get this done, that will make a lot of users very, very happy - myself included :)

Also saw your comment about the camera key being two-stage and more fragile, never thought about that. Plus home key matches the stock recovery.

You just keep giving...

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry. The recovery is 5.0.28. Will It brick with radio update too?

Also, in latest backside, when I hide 3g icon, status bar force closes and I have to reboot to get it back. :(?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

This is built from IHO, like BobZhome's, so it should be ok. For safety, let me test it on the donor phone first, I should have time to tomorrow evening. ;)

I got a couple of things accomplished today

-- Combined wipe cache and wipe dalvik-cache into a single menu item (how often do you not wipe dalvik when wiping cache?)

-- Made a couple of changes to install.c to allow users to install ROM updates automatically
---- I also made accompanying changes to my BacksideUpdater, so you can now install from BacksideUpdater, no need to go through the steps in recovery, it's all automatic now. ;)

Note- the method I used for the BacksideUpdater is a hack, it will need testers with technical knowledge, and who know how to use ADB to flash a recovery from within recovery in case of problems.

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
If you have synced with IHO, you can build just the recovery with make recoveryimage, takes about a minute to compile. Just be sure you swap in BobZhome's kernel so you have the proper screen drivers. ;)

Ran the make recoveryimage and i'm missing a file, is there any way I can just download the IHO stuff directly cause I think I'm not getting everything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non