[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Have seen the post/thread about the "Jawz" kernal that supposedly is an improvment on mrG's....can anyone give some input on this and/or any issues or conflicts that may occur with mrG's ROM?
THX

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

It's his kernel with a few dozen random commits from several other kernels that would compile cleanly. In the end you'd have to tell me if there is noticeable improvements though they all came from kernels where performance and battery savings are in mind. A lot are general kernel updates from newer versions of Linux kernels- with 'signed off by Linus Torvalds' or 'Greg Kroah Hartmann' in the commit messages- they're legitimate kernel fixes. Shouldn't be any problems. Make a backup in recovery and if there are any problems you can restore. You can even speed up the restore process by doing an Advanced Restore in Clockwork Recovery and just restore the boot portion as that's where the kernel lies. Mrg actually helped me earlier on with a few questions I had when starting to figure out how the whole git and compiling procedures work and said "make a thread and take it from there!" I'd be greatful if he or anyone else took stuff I've added & worked it into their kernels or fork mine and keep running with it. I'll likely pull stuff into mine from theirs :p

I couldn't tell you if any changes are perceptible. Most changes wouldn't be. I think a soccer game I play doesn't lag anymore but it could be wishful thinking.I just wanted to see if I could.

Last edited:

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to changed the I/O Scheduler to DEADLINE instead of SIO? My phone seems very stable and overclockable when I was able to change this setting in JellyBean.

Also note that my phone is a vm refurb and it always restarted and froze when I try to overclock it, but not when I tried to overclock using the DEADLINE I/O scheduler under JellyBean so, am hoping maybe I'll see similar success with Gingerbread.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Does the current build include the new kernel?
Tried to flash kernel and I keep getting install aborted

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

He is usually pretty good about having the latest kernel in his latest build.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

I've heard this ROM is absolutely bugless.
Anyone wanna confirm? :D

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site

I've heard this ROM is absolutely bugless.
Anyone wanna confirm? :D

I've heard that ever since CM7 there's a headphone bug. I'm not exactly sure what it is but every ROM besides froyo has it....

---------- Post Merged at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:10 PM ----------

And mrg666 hasn't been replying to PMs or hasn't replied to this thread. It just seems odd that he hasn't been active lately.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

I've heard that ever since CM7 there's a headphone bug. I'm not exactly sure what it is but every ROM besides froyo has it....

---------- Post Merged at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:10 PM ----------

And mrg666 hasn't been replying to PMs or hasn't replied to this thread. It just seems odd that he hasn't been active lately.

I haven't seen him on xda for the nook color either

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

This is starting to be a sad day.....
For AC....Mirage?????...........

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

you may have to toggle signature verification off in the recovery before flashing. I don't think he signs his zip files

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

We still have Earth, and Sellers for CM7, and Tvall! :)

Im sure he?ll be back hopefully

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Is there anyway to make MIUI camera apk work on this? When I install it, it works for a while then it closes an when I try to go back to the camera it says camera is not connected

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non