[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

06/18 kernel build on the github?

I have backported the mach-msm dsp code from lge-msm7x27 2.6.35.9 kernel, removed two more unnecessary governors, deleted some old code. The detailed changes are there if you want to check. I have also fixed several problems that happened with the backport of the dsp code. Please test especially with the media features you use. With the old IHO kernel, the phone was occasionally freezing while playing music with the Google Play Music app. I am not able to reproduce it anymore.

gwz85

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Maybe this is going to sound stupid, but did you check your volume? I was in a Ford rental with an older version of CM7 and noticed when I connected, the media volume on my phone was turned all the way down.

I did, I will check again because I will have the rental for a month. Thanks.

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

is it me, or are there limited choices for governors? lol. i loved smartass2 but thats not a choice with this rom

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I have backported the mach-msm dsp code from lge-msm7x27 2.6.35.9 kernel, removed two more unnecessary governors, deleted some old code. The detailed changes are there if you want to check. I have also fixed several problems that happened with the backport of the dsp code. Please test especially with the media features you use. With the old IHO kernel, the phone was occasionally freezing while playing music with the Google Play Music app. I am not able to reproduce it anymore.

Very cool! I've had that issue with Play Music also, but I always thought it was the app causing the issue, so I never brought it up. It won't even stream on Quattrimus, so I figured it was just a finicky app. Thanks so much for the time you've invested and continue to invest in this ROM. Well done!

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Very cool! I've had that issue with Play Music also, but I always thought it was the app causing the issue, so I never brought it up. It won't even stream on Quattrimus, so I figured it was just a finicky app. Thanks so much for the time you've invested and continue to invest in this ROM. Well done!

Can you test again and confirm that the problem has been resolved? I am not able to reproduce that problem anymore but it would be good if the fix is confirmed by multiple tests.

is it me, or are there limited choices for governors? lol. i loved smartass2 but thats not a choice with this rom

06122012 build of kernel still has smartass2 included. I have discarded the smartass2, interactiveX, (these are derivatives of the older version of interactive governor), userspace, and powersave (these are mainly for desktop systems) governors since they are old or unnecessary. If you insist on smartass2, you can either use the 06122012 build of the MiRaGe kernel, BobZ v4.0 kernel, or another ROM. I recommend and use interactive governor which is the most widely used governor developed by Google for Android. There is no reason to waste RAM with so many choices.

Last edited:

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

@mrg666--- sorry for no feedback yet... upgraded as soon as you posted on github... (i cant help it man, i like your kernels)... thanks!... :)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

@mrg666--- sorry for no feedback yet... upgraded as soon as you posted on github... (i cant help it man, i like your kernels)... thanks!... :)

No problem. But download again (or check MD5sum) since I have updated the kernel after fixing a problem. The qdsp5 backports caused no sound in video recording initially. That is fixed now.

Reactions: clodfelterac
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

(cut for brevity)

There is no reason to waste RAM with so many choices.

I'll try this kernel again... I'll replace the one in Harmonia 2.08 :)

I did try your ROM pack a few days ago, but I simply love the way LeslieAnn has set up hers.

You, BobZHome, and Harmonia have created the best IHO roms for the LG Optimus V in my humble opinion... No, Really! :D

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Can you test again and confirm that the problem has been resolved? I am not able to reproduce that problem anymore but it would be good if the fix is confirmed by multiple tests.

I will probably test tomorrow. I still only have a cassette player in my van, but I'll try it out at work. Thanks again!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

I have uploaded the 06192012 build of MiRaGe. You can find the donwload links, detailed changelogs, and the credits in the OP.

I noticed the latest kernel changes are what are in the changelog as the latest changes...are there any notable changes to the build itself that I'm missing? I've already flashed the latest version of your kernel over the 6112012 build, would flashing the 6192012 build change anything?

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

@mrg666

The link for "Bluetooth volume settings are not limited by voice dialer. Source code here," just takes me to the search of thread forums. Thought I would let you know.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

@mrg666

The link for "Bluetooth volume settings are not limited by voice dialer. Source code here," just takes me to the search of thread forums. Thought I would let you know.

Thanks! It is fixed now.

I noticed the latest kernel changes are what are in the changelog as the latest changes...are there any notable changes to the build itself that I'm missing? I've already flashed the latest version of your kernel over the 6112012 build, would flashing the 6192012 build change anything?

There is also a link to the latest CM changes in the OP. There are a few changes. Please check them out.

Last edited:

gwz85

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Hi mrg 666, does the latest ROM needs to upload the latest kernel separately or is it included on the package?

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Hi mrg 666, does the latest ROM needs to upload the latest kernel separately or is it included on the package?

You'll have to download the new kernel separately. When flashing in recovery, install the ROM pack first, then the kernel, then gapps if needed. Reboot. Check the kernel version in Settings > About phone to confirm kernel installation.

Last edited:

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Google Play Music has been running smooth for me all morning! Switching back and forth between apps,with no issues, no freezing. Thanks again mrg666!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty