Jellybean thoughts

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
from what i hear, it shouldnt be to hard to build. but from the sdk, it would be a lot of hard work and it wouldnt be worth it. it would be buggy as hell

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
No disreguard, i meant on Jelly Bean. We've been bumped by 2 OS's because of the devs. 2.3, and 4.0.

Sent from my Motorola Triumph using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Porting it isn't a question. It is a question of whether it can be built for our device. Honestly though, what's the point? On this phone? If you really want the latest and greatest just for kicks, go buy a Nexus and put it on Straight Talk or T-Mobile.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I think 4.1 is huge. Google is really stepping up their game. The new Google Search UI in addition to Google Now, Project Butter, and offline speech-to-text is crazy. Google Now tops Siri in a second. Why build 4.1 for our phones? Because many of us can't just go out and buy a new phone like that, it's just far too expensive. I'm really excited for Jellybean.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't just go out and buy a new phone either. I, as you can see, am tapping this out on my OV with a half broken touch screen, haha.

I just feel like it is asking too much. If I was a dev and knew the kind of upgrades I helped create to extend the life of this phone well beyond what it should be capable of, and started seeing posts about Jellybean on announcement day (or before, and there are some), this would be my face: O_O'

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't just go out and buy a new phone either. I, as you can see, am tapping this out on my OV with a half broken touch screen, haha.

I just feel like it is asking too much. If I was a dev and knew the kind of upgrades I helped create to extend the life of this phone well beyond what it should be capable of, and started seeing posts about Jellybean on announcement day (or before, and there are some), this would be my face: O_O'

I agree completely. I'm not expecting 4.1 from any devs. I tried just building ICS once. It was hell. That wasn't even fixing issues, just plain old building what others have already done. I'm simply stating how impressed I am with Google on this release.

On a side note, does anyone know how to get the new Google UI and voice recognition working on the android emulator? I really think those who are porting 4.1 from the emulator are wasting their time, as it will be close to unusable (Just like the Honeycomb port for the Nook Color) and without the new Google UI, Project Butter, or Offline Voice Recognition, it will really be no different then ICS. It will actually be far worse since it's an emulator port.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty