Jellybean thoughts

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree completely. I'm not expecting 4.1 from any devs. I tried just building ICS once. It was hell. That wasn't even fixing issues, just plain old building what others have already done. I'm simply stating how impressed I am with Google on this release.

On a side note, does anyone know how to get the new Google UI and voice recognition working on the android emulator? I really think those who are porting 4.1 from the emulator are wasting their time, as it will be close to unusable (Just like the Honeycomb port for the Nook Color) and without the new Google UI, Project Butter, or Offline Voice Recognition, it will really be no different then ICS. It will actually be far worse since it's an emulator port.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk 2

ICS is pretty easy to build now.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
ICS is pretty easy to build now.

Yeah I know, I'm just stupid when it comes to Linux.

But can anyone answer why Google Now and the other cool jellybean features shown off at I/O aren't present in the Emulator?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know, I'm just stupid when it comes to Linux.

But can anyone answer why Google Now and the other cool jellybean features shown off at I/O aren't present in the Emulator?

Anthony thinks its because google doesn't want to give everything away just yet, and that they only included what's need to build apps.

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I say save $200 and buy the nexus 7 that's what I'm doing when it comes out mid July. You guys should look at those specs
1.2 quad core tegra 3 cpu and 12 core gpu

Sent from my LG-VM696

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I expected Jellybean to be bigger than it was. I expected 5.0, not 4.1. People are making a big deal out of building it when it's not going to be. Nothing too big will be changed, and you can see that from the screenshots. It will be put in CMs code the day it comes out, and will be on our device not long after that.

BUT, that doesn't mean that Google isn't going crazy this year with I/O. Last year, it was ICS + GNex + Google Music. This year, they've released a tablet. Which btw, I WILL get. No matter the cost. $200 for a Tegra 3, 7 inch, Google released (Always getting the latest updates), JellyBean tablet? HELL YES.
Also, Nexus Q looks like a very revolutionary thing. It's like a magic ball, with what I'm guessing Google NFC, where you can transfer stuff between all Google devices. In my opinion, it was a matter of time. They needed a better way to get stuff between better than just "Chrome to Phone".

Anybody know what's up with that "Google Glass" thing? I don't know what it's significance is or what it does, yet it's $1500 for a preorder.

BassOuji

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm slowly porting it right now. But it will be buggy. I'm just using it to see if it will just work. ICS was hard to get working, but since this is more of a an upgrade rather than a whole new system it might be easier. And everyone is right. Its an SDK its not going to be very good and from the way it looks its not going to be stable enough for daily use until the source code is released.
Its going to be on the V and S.

Last edited:
Reactions: illinoissparks18

Nico72

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Well here is the problem I see: Project Butter
Why might it be a problem? The 60FPS part. If we can get it back down to 30, we should be good. Now I'm not a dev or anything, but I know you need good hardware to run higher FPS and vsync and triple buffering aren't going to help. The V doesn't have top notch hardware and probably won't have the ability to run smooth 60FPS. We would have to knock Project Butter down to 30FPS, vsync, and then either double or triple buffering. That should also help with battery life because the chips won't need to churn out as many frames.
That's just my thoughts, but I am not a dev so correct me if I'm wrong :)
PS: A stripped down ROM based on JB would be awesome!

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm slowly porting it right now. But it will be buggy. I'm just using it to see if it will just work. ICS was hard to get working, but since this is more of a an upgrade rather than a whole new system it might be easier. And everyone is right. Its an SDK its not going to be very good and from the way it looks its not going to be stable enough for daily use until the source code is released.
Its going to be on the V and S.

^^^^^ Boss

I don't care who u are :p this is an awesome song :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxytyRy-O1k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BassOuji

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well here is the problem I see: Project Butter
Why might it be a problem? The 60FPS part. If we can get it back down to 30, we should be good. Now I'm not a dev or anything, but I know you need good hardware to run higher FPS and vsync and triple buffering aren't going to help. The V doesn't have top notch hardware and probably won't have the ability to run smooth 60FPS. We would have to knock Project Butter down to 30FPS, vsync, and then either double or triple buffering. That should also help with battery life because the chips won't need to churn out as many frames.
That's just my thoughts, but I am not a dev so correct me if I'm wrong :)
PS: A stripped down ROM based on JB would be awesome!

I'm figuring that out. ;) I'm going to see if it works without dumbing down project butter. But, I could probably dumb it down to 30 if need be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo