[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Then again! Virgin Mobile has an Activate app. Try flashing Harmonia 1, activate if you can, go back to ZVJ rom.

I can't get this going. Keep getting an error at registering the ActiveX dll.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Oh God........everyone seems to get this error....uninstall LGNPST completely, erase LG Electronics folder from C:\ reboot and start over.
If you cannot uninstall LGNPST then you must enable the admin account by doing this:
Press Start
Type cmd
Right click cmd and press run as admin
Type net users administrator /active:yes
Type net users administrator *
Hit enter 3 times
Log out
Choose administrator account and then uninstall, reboot, log onto admin, install, reboot, log in to admin register the dll and start following the guide.

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So other than ZVJ specific ROMs, there's no real benefits in capabilities, performance, or battery life?

sent from my un-dead sammich.

I don't know, ask someone who owns an optimus S, I'm not on ZVJ yet and probably wont be until Wednesday.

Reactions: nitestalkr

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
In 5 minutes I will have root, then flash Lesie's Rhode rom, try the activate app (who knows how many times).

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering. How to back up those keys? Once this is posted, I'm re-reading the OP.

Also, can I do this with Stock recovery? I just reverted to ZV5, and it's kinda a long process to flash a new recovery. :p

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering. How to back up those keys? Once this is posted, I'm re-reading the OP.

Also, can I do this with Stock recovery? I just reverted to ZV5, and it's kinda a long process to flash a new recovery. :p

You can install cannibal open touch recovery via flash able zip (labeled alternative zip in Drews thread). Never knew it was possible to install a recovery, from a recovery, by flashing a zip.. its mind blowing xD

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Andrewnelson knows how, my AAA/HA keys are both "metropcs" :p my data worked fine after resoring the nvs file and flashing PRL for metroPCS and the AAA and HA keys must be entered for data to work so I think LGNPST does back up and restore the keys, but others have said that it didn't get data working, maybe you just have to reactivate with harmonia or something o_O idk, but find a way to get those keys if you dont have them already.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
You can install cannibal open touch recovery via flash able zip (labeled alternative zip in Drews thread). Never knew it was possible to install a recovery, from a recovery, by flashing a zip.. its mind blowing xD

Stock recovery, not possible I believe. Maybe even a brick, I don't know. :p

Andrewnelson knows how, my AAA/HA keys are both "metropcs" :p my data worked fine after resoring the nvs file and flashing PRL for metroPCS and the AAA and HA keys must be entered for data to work so I think LGNPST does back up and restore the keys, but others have said that it didn't get data working, maybe you just have to reactivate with harmonia or something o_O idk, but find a way to get those keys if you dont have them already.

So I have to use that DFS thing? Sorry. I always avoided these programs. And I have no files labeled VM670_COM##. Should I do that Read thing?

Edit: Got my VM670_COM## file. I copied to where I will remember, and now I deleted the one in the folder. I'm going to keep going. :D

Last edited:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Stock recovery, not possible I believe. Maybe even a brick, I don't know. :p

So I have to use that DFS thing? Sorry. I always avoided these programs. And I have no files labeled VM670_COM##. Should I do that Read thing?

Yes to both questions