A real flash player needed

D-money443

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
With Adobe about to end the flash player line will our phones get a final update or are we still screwed?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
There was never a offical flash player for armv6 devices, so no.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2

I thought that Flash supported armv6 up until version 10,and then version 11 dropped support. There is definitely a version of Flash that works on the OV. But it doesn't work on anything above CM7, due to lack of hardware acceleration.

Do a Google search for adobe flash armv6. You will find links to it on this forum, xda, and probably other forums as well. It will say that it's version 11,but apparently it's a combination of versions 10 and 11.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I thought that Flash supported armv6 up until version 10,and then version 11 dropped support. There is definitely a version of Flash that works on the OV. But it doesn't work on anything above CM7, due to lack of hardware acceleration.

Do a Google search for adobe flash armv6. You will find links to it on this forum, xda, and probably other forums as well. It will say that it's version 11,but apparently it's a combination of versions 10 and 11.

No, the version that works is a hacked version of 10.3. Which is also why it doesn't work on ics. Because ics requires flash player 11.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
No, the version that works is a hacked version of 10.3. Which is also why it doesn't work on ics. Because ics requires flash player 11.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Okay, thanks for setting me straight on that sellers86. But it does work fine on CM7, right? So there is a solution for him if he's on Gingerbread, right?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am running CM9 and installed the hacked Flash 11 file and it works great!

I call HACKS!!!
Flash Player will NOT function as it should with ICS on our phones, due to the Hardware Acceleration drivers not being created, nor released for our phones.
Without Hardware Acceleration, Flash Player will NOT work.
Plus, you're using Dolphin browser, which has its own built in web flash decoder, so that "hacked Flash 11 file" didn't DO anything extra at all, but take up space on ICS.
And thus concluding my accusation of "HACKS!!!"

Last edited:

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I call HACKS!!!
Flash Player will NOT function as it should with ICS on our phones, due to the Hardware Acceleration drivers not being created, nor released for our phones.
Without Hardware Acceleration, Flash Player will NOT work.
Plus, you're using Dolphin browser, which has its own built in web flash decoder, so that "hacked Flash 11 file" didn't DO anything extra at all, but take up space on ICS.
And thus concluding my accusation of "HACKS!!!"

You feel strongly no?:p

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You feel strongly no?:p

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Not that strong, just calling it how i see it, and passing on what's been bantered onto me. :p
Fact is, Flash no worky on ICS(and above) without hardware vroom vroom. xD
Only way around this, is to install flash enabled browsers like Dolphin or Skyfire, which have Flash decoders built into them, and do not require Flash Player to be installed, and limits flash content to only the web browser, not in other areas of the phone; which is what is trying to be accomplished by installing flash player in the first place.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Not that strong, just calling it how i see it, and passing on what's been bantered onto me. :p
Fact is, Flash no worky on ICS(and above) without hardware vroom vroom. xD
Only way around this, is to install flash enabled browsers like Dolphin or Skyfire, which have Flash decoders built into them, and do not require Flash Player to be installed, and limits flash content to only the web browser, not in other areas of the phone; which is what is trying to be accomplished by installing flash player in the first place.

Pretty sure most people install flash to use it in a web browser. Where else are you going to use it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure most people install flash to use it in a web browser. Where else are you going to use it?

Other Flash based apps.
Video apps (to improve quality a Tad more).
Some gaming apps.
And even in the 3rd party browser, its a bit on and off.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Other Flash based apps.
Video apps (to improve quality a Tad more).
Some gaming apps.
And even in the 3rd party browser, its a bit on and off.

I've never heard of a flash based app for android that doesn't run inside a browser. Can you tell me about one?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've never heard of a flash based app for android that doesn't run inside a browser. Can you tell me about one?

Swf game box [i think its no longer on the market]
And theres a lot more apps that dont run inside the browser.

sent from my G-T-R Reloaded V

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Think of it this way- flash is no longer supported, so there aren't going to be any more flash apps developed. Furthermore, eventually flash will be fully replaced by HTML5 and will be no longer necessary. The iOS devices don't even have flash, and they get by fine.

Point is, flash isn't really needed. If you really need it, use a computer. And I'm pretty sure everyone flashing ROMs has access to a computer.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: nitestalkr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member