[CM7]Request(please)

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You could download virtualbox and run Linux in that. That's the only thing I can think of.

Or! You could hackentosh it. that's kinda a grey area legally though...

Vmware is free and simple. It opens up in windows.. wubi is a simple safe Ubuntu installer also. It will dual boot your PC to run windows or ubuntu

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If I can boot it from a flashdrive, that'd be cool. I'd prefer Ubuntu.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yes u can do this
Have at least a 4-8 gig flash drive
Google search unetbootin
Set it up
Plug in flash drive
Assuming u downloaded Ubuntu start program
Install to flash drive
Change bios to read flash drive before the actual system
Your done
I will make a picture guide later

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: LeoLawliet

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes u can do this
Have at least a 4-8 gig flash drive
Google search unetbootin
Set it up
Plug in flash drive
Assuming u downloaded Ubuntu start program
Install to flash drive
Change bios to read flash drive before the actual system
Your done
I will make a picture guide later

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

No point. There's one on the website. He.wants to ssee if he can BUILD CM7 without having to install it on the hard drive. USB is more unstable.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
No point. There's one on the website. He.wants to ssee if he can BUILD CM7 without having to install it on the hard drive. USB is more unstable.

That and you would need about a 64 gb flash drive.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I really only wanna modify an already made rom, but with ease. I don't really wanna build from source. I'm not familiar with updater scripts & such. A simple tutorial for that is all I need.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
What was that Windows thing EarthnFire posted?

This http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=184209

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Wubi lets you install and uninstall Ubuntu like a Windows app but you still boot into the full OS. Check it out.

Reactions: sellers86

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
On the subject of USB installs to build, you could do an install to flash, and carry a 20+ gb external hdd for your repos. An old external should be quite cheap, or you could buy an enclosure and stick an old hdd in it.

Later I'm going to make a USB image with all you need to build android and not much more. Maybe include some scripts for automation.

And all you need to modify an already built rom is 7zip, a zip signer, apktool, and something to unpack boot.img files. Or the android kitchen.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
On the subject of USB installs to build, you could do an install to flash, and carry a 20+ gb external hdd for your repos. An old external should be quite cheap, or you could buy an enclosure and stick an old hdd in it.

Later I'm going to make a USB image with all you need to build android and not much more. Maybe include some scripts for automation.

And all you need to modify an already built rom is 7zip, a zip signer, apktool, and something to unpack boot.img files. Or the android kitchen.

I'll be waiting for the release, I'll make good use of it. Are you going to make a separate thread once you make the USB image?

Reactions: sellers86

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll be waiting for the release, I'll make good use of it. Are you going to make a separate thread once you make the USB image?

Yeah, I'll make a separate thread. I'll try to do this today, but my slow tethered, throttled internet connection will make it take a while.

Is a GUI necessary?