[ROM][GB][WIP] CyanMobile Experience for the OV

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
still no boot. looks like the commit causing the no boot must be the one that combines 97 different things from 4.2.... great.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just a note on the old build. If I don't download and install SwiftKey first thing after a fresh flash it will not let me enable or set as default keyboard. Just sort of strange. If I do it right away I still have to reboot after enabling it. But it does take.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running CyanMobile X on LS670ZVJ firmware

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the middle of setting up a build environment on my Linux distro. No wired connection, just 3G from phone so it's slow going. Got everything installed except Eclipse(done), and the Android NDK (need to take phone to a WiFi source to download NDK 400+MB). That's another whole day of slow-slow downloading.(done. Including make,git,get,qawk,and geany) I now have the tools for kernel development as well.
Let me know where I can help. Total newb at this though.

Last edited:

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Double check after flashing the script that it actualy installed before restoring your apps.

I think it's better just to do it manually.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Dkelley4

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Screen doesn't rotate for me. Is there a setting I'm missing or an otherwise fix for this? I'll; probably feel stupid at the answer. lol.

netspeedz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Possible, yes. Will it happen? not likely, unless I were to get an elite. I am sure not buying it, Ive already got a Evo, One v, and optimus v.

If I were to send you an LG OPtimus Elite for testing, etc, would you be able to port the CyanMobile over to the LG Optimus Elite? CyanBread for the LG Optimus V is probably the best I've seen for that phone. Would like to see this ROM available for the Elite.

------------

netspeedz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Tried to install Cyanmobile for LG Optimus V. Flash aborts: Missing file: system/etc/init.d/10apps2sd

Do you have a download link to get the ROM that is complete?

BTW, tried to send PM. Your box is full :)

------------

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Tried to install Cyanmobile for LG Optimus V. Flash aborts: Missing file: system/etc/init.d/10apps2sd

------------

Turn off signature verification. And I have an optimus elite, just no time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

netspeedz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
That's the first thing I tried when the flash failed. Received the same error. Just tried it again (after rebooting). Seemed to work. Strange.

Bummer, would be nice if you had the time. I really miss CyanMobile on my Optimus V. My wife loves it :)

------------

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
That's the first thing I tried when the flash failed. Received the same error. Just tried it again (after rebooting). Seemed to work. Strange.

Bummer, would be nice if you had the time. I really miss CyanMobile on my Optimus V. My wife loves it :)

------------

Sorry man.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

netspeedz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there a working camcorder for Cyanmobile on the LG Optimus V?

Saw a post from someone who took camera.apk from Gingersnap. Just looking for something quicker.

------------

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

------------
Cyanomobile writes the permissions for the system/etc differently than cm7.

You will need to add these lines to your updater-script

set_perm_recursive(0, 2000, 0755, 0755, "/system/etc/init.d");
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/etc/init.d");

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87