Boot loop, but maybe hardware related

akuanarx

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
ok so here's whats happening.

I left my Original gen 1 V sit on my computer for the night to recharge, when i got up in the morning i found my phone sitting in a boot loop, lg screen>graphical LG screen>reboot. sometimes however it makes it to the android loading screen and beyond that it sometimes goes to full boot then reboots,

the battery is dead, and i have not been able to put a fresh one in, (don't have a spare battery plus the only charger i have is the phone) on the rare occasion it boots into the os i see the battery sitting at 1% charging then reboot.

i have tried http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ide-unbrick-upgrade-optimus-v-easy-kdz-2.html but the problem is that once it starts the phone reboots even in emergency mode but never leaves emergency mode (like a power flicker) causing the write to fail.

one of the things i'm thinking might be the problem is my wife ing sleeps with it hooked up to the charger (IE its sitting on the bed with her asleep and the wire going to the wall wart) she has already managed to short out one of the USB cables and i think she might of done it to this one, only this time it caused damage.

i don't have any extra parts to check it but i'm hoping someone can tell me if the chance's are that it needs a new battery or other piece of hardware, if not what path should i take.

I hate to be this way, but money is tight and if i need to say replace the battery i hope that's it because i can't afford to be buying up a bunch of stuff just to end up needing to replace the phone.

Thank you

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say but if your battery wont hold a charge youll have to start there
Try a new cable, try the wall outlet charger
Do you have a custom recovery / rom installed? Which ones
You could try the xonia bootloop fix but if your batt wont charge i dont know if that would help your situation

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Try going to a local repair shop and see if the battery is the problem. you maybe able to have them test with a spare battery and if it boots and says boot, problem fixed.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
This does happen on roms with out offline charging if the battery gets too low I've noticed, if you can somehow boot to recovery and leave it charge in recovery for a while I think your phone will charge enough to eventually boot to system.

come to the dark side