[MOD] Modified app2ext for Nameless Rom V1, Harmonia 1.2+, Rodimus/Picasticks

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just did this, worked well and was easy to do. Not sure why this thread doesn't have more hits.

Just wondering though, if I do a nandroid, will it backup everythin includin ext4?
Also, did I need to format sd card? Because I just flashed this and performed the commands on the current Reborn rom with no problems, seems okay but rather fix it now if there will be problems in the future.
I didn't create a ext partition on my sd card, I just flashed the zip assuming it does everythin for me. Thanks.
That would greatly depend on the recovery you are using. I think the latest CWMOD recovery does backup your ext partition.
worked perfect with RebornROM. Thanks so much! Tried putting the modules together for Rodimus a while back with no luck, you're a smart guy! or I'm just stupid :(
Haha, hardly. It was alot of trial and error at first. Without the help of many members on various forums, I would of never figured out myself. I just put the puzzle pieces together.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Got a strange problem. Everything was working, I had 300+ mb of space. I dropped by phone and turned it back on, now all the extra space is back to normal at 18mb. Is there a way to check if it's working or can I just redo the commands and hope it works? I know it sounds dumb that it'd happen from dropping the phone... But it did, and yes, sd card is still reading. Thanks

Edit: after 6 reboots, the memory is back to 313mb. So confused but it's fixed.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [MOD] Modified app2ext for Nameless Rom V1, Harmonia 1.2+, Ro

Running into another problem...

Phone crapped out, so I went back to a nandroid. Had to redo the ext4, didn't work. I did a fresh wipe, fresh install of reborn, didn't work. It enables but says its not active.

I get a bunch of errors on this part:

mke2fs -m0 -b4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
e2fsck -yf /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

I went to the main thread, and tried to unmount, but it says it failed. I get errors like, "the superblock could not be read" "no such file or directory" "could not stat /dev/block/mmcblk0p2--no such file or directory"

Really frustrating knowing I got it working before.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Running into another problem...

Phone crapped out, so I went back to a nandroid. Had to redo the ext4, didn't work. I did a fresh wipe, fresh install of reborn, didn't work. It enables but says its not active.

I get a bunch of errors on this part:

mke2fs -m0 -b4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
e2fsck -yf /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

I went to the main thread, and tried to unmount, but it says it failed. I get errors like, "the superblock could not be read" "no such file or directory" "could not stat /dev/block/mmcblk0p2--no such file or directory"

Really frustrating knowing I got it working before.

i have ended up with these same results on a fresh install of reborn while others seem to post success with no problems or hangups.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

i have ended up with these same results on a fresh install of reborn while others seem to post success with no problems or hangups.

When I first did it about a month ago, I did it first try with no errors or problems, and it wasn't a fresh install. Now that it's fresh, nothing I've tried works.