help! lg optimus v flashed with rodimus stuck at boot logo! what do i do?

Jerenater10

May 4, 2011
Visit site
ok so today i rooted and installed Rodimus ROM. everything was going great until i turned off my phone and booted into recovery too check what custom recovery i had. when i was done i rebooted, and everything was going fine. on the boot logo it seemed to be working and i remembered that the boot logo freezes from time to time but its ok. its been frozen for about 10-20 minutes and im scared to take the battery out for risk of bricking it. please help me i doont have a the money to buy a new phone. PLEASE reply as quickly as possible thx

Jerenater10

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Take the battery out, re-flash Rodimus and report back.

took the battery out. turned on okay. back to home screen everything's fine. Rodimus seems to be running okay again so do u think i need to reflash rodimus even though things are working okay?

and if so, how would i go about doing this? do i need to restore the backup i made then flash the ROM? or do i just go straight to the file and flash straight up. thx

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Should be no need to re-flash if it's working

Things to note
If it gets to the android boot logo, it's not bricked. As long as you can get to the recovery you should be able to get it out of any boot loop

Now that its working, make a nandroid backup from the recovery menu. That way, if you can't get it to boot, you can restore your backup and it should fix it.

And to re-flash it, don't restore the backup, just flash the zip. If that doesn't work then wipe system, data, and cache from recovery and flash again.

Jerenater10

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Things to note
If it gets to the android boot logo, it's not bricked. As long as you can get to the recovery you should be able to get it out of any boot loop

Now that its working, make a nandroid backup from the recovery menu. That way, if you can't get it to boot, you can restore your backup and it should fix it.

And to re-flash it, don't restore the backup, just flash the zip. If that doesn't work then wipe system, data, and cache from recovery and flash again.

cool thanks. in my case i was stuck at the boot logo where i couldn't get to recovery but the battery pull fixed it... :D

notserpmh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Rodimus gets occasional boot hangs, don't worry, a simple battery pull fixes it.

I've found in a lot of Rodimus boot hangs, you can hold Vol Up + Power button for about 10 seconds and it will reboot and work fine. This is nice for me because the case I have on my phone is a pain to take off to get the battery out.

Jerenater10

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I've found in a lot of Rodimus boot hangs, you can hold Vol Up + Power button for about 10 seconds and it will reboot and work fine. This is nice for me because the case I have on my phone is a pain to take off to get the battery out.

i gotta try that next time i get a boot hang...i tried volume up+home+power but that didnt work...

notserpmh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
i gotta try that next time i get a boot hang...i tried volume up+home+power but that didnt work...

Try just vol up + power and see if it doesn't work. You have to hold it for longer than you probably think, but it should just auto reboot and then you can let go.

Deous nutas

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: help! lg optimus v flashed with rodimus stuck at boot logo! w

Things to note

you seem to know your way around the optimus V... can you help me... as far as i know im the only person who has ever screwed a phone over this bad...