Extreme Battery Drain!

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a serious problem. My phone has been on for 1 hour and 54 minutes and its already at 85%. Its been draining like this since yesterday, but today is worse. My cell standby is at 60%, that's insane, but to add more, my Time Without Signal is at 88%! My TWS is raising every hour or so. But i dont get it, im using 3G and my signal is pretty good. I have Wifi off, Sync off, bluetooth off, pretty much everything off except Mobile Data. Yesterday i used Wifi with everything else off, and the drainage was pretty much the same.
My brightness is at 0% (its always like this).
Also my phone idle is at 25%, which seems a bit high.
So, id like some suggestions and help because i cant take a phone that lasts a couple of hours.
If you need any more info, just ask. Im using Aosocm7, the latest build.
My Cpu is set to 600/748. I had it underclocked yesterday and the drain was the same.
P.S. my battery is already at 81% now.

sk8dayfuknight

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Download systempanellite task manager app. And set it to monitor your system. Use that to see what Apps are draining your battery. Also try doing a complete wipe then reflash your rom.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jwoodsoniv

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Download systempanellite task manager app. And set it to monitor your system. Use that to see what Apps are draining your battery. Also try doing a complete wipe then reflash your rom.

This is an issue that I'm experiencing right now. I kid you not, my batery can be fully charged, and once I take it off the charger within 5 minutes my battery is down 10%.

Also, how do you reflash the ROM?

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This is an issue that I'm experiencing right now. I kid you not, my batery can be fully charged, and once I take it off the charger within 5 minutes my battery is down 10%.

Also, how do you reflash the ROM?

Jwoodsoniv, if you drain is that bad, you def need to get a new battery.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Okay, so i downloaded that app, and everythings normal. No app is even using a quarter of that bar. The monitoring app is the one using the most xD

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I did that too :/

Well it has slightly gone down. But just by 2% since i opened this thread.
And Phone Idle has gone down by 6%.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Plug your phone into a power source, reboot, toggle airplane mode, and only after that, unplug from the power.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
If everything seems okay, do a reset (something may be stuck), then when you know it's fully charged, go into recovery and reset the battery stats (this could be messed up).

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd suggest just doing a full wipe, try bumblebee or harmonia and dont load any backups from titanium backup. Im using bumblebee myself and I get about 2 days on a charge, he even fixed the TWS bug in the latest version.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend lowering the min value for the processor to 245 or 128. Unlike other xionia kernels, on aosp's kernel for some reason the battery seems to drain much quicker when the bottom value is raise that high.

sk8dayfuknight

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend lowering the min value for the processor to 245 or 128. Unlike other xionia kernels, on aosp's kernel for some reason the battery seems to drain much quicker when the bottom value is raise that high.

This has been discussed multiple times before. Clocking the CPU that low will only cause battery to drain quicker due to how long it takes for the phone to come out of sleep mode.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have to humbly disagree when it comes to aosp kernel's, those that have tried the higher min values have come away with worse battery life. Read mmarz's 2nd thread regarding battery drain, I've posted on there my results, I've been on aosp for months, so I've had plenty of time to test different min/max values. Also, read up on the xda thread regarding the optimus v and aosp, those that have tried medium/high min values on aosp's kernel seem to have their battery drain like crazy.

Strictly speaking, nothing I've said contradicts any of mmarz's tests, because for the *SETCPU* testing he did (not the other testing that included aosp), he only used rodiumus with the xionia kernel. Aosp uses his own kernel, which is different. There must be a bug in there that causes the battery drain, unlike xionia based kernels and maybe others. I can't really be too hard on aosp, given how many different devices he ports aosprom for.

I'm not saying this is the only cause of battery drain, but my testing of aosp's kernel indicates a big jump in battery drain when the min cpu value is raised med/high. My advice, switch kernels! Xionia 10 works very well with aosp's rom, and then you can raise the minimum clock speed as high as you want with no battery drain.