I Have Been Trying Sooo Hard.....LG Optimus V..BRICKED!!

mr.faceman23

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys Im a noob but im a good listener and direction follower and well i bricked my phone i think ill try to put as much detail about my problem as possible as well as how i got their...
I Had just upgraded from the samsung intercept to the LG Optimus V and as you already know i fell in love...well my samsung was rooted using SuperOneClick and after i used my curiosity to fill it with apps and it got slow and i tried unistalling apps and it didnt work i would reset it using the privcay settings menu.Well i was having the same problem so i decided that after i backed up my phone i would reset it and be careful with it well i used the privacy setting to reset it adn well you know what happened...BRICKED...it just kept looping into the ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2 menu so i looked online for help and came to you guys and i liked you guys so i joined hoping you guys could help i tried several different methods.I tried recovery, restore, install a different rom, i tried my back up and it didnt work and the one that worked ended me with the recovery menu Build : RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM so i tried the following things i tried fastboot and it says error:closed even when i tried ADB. i put in adb devices and it showed my device is in recovery but when i typed adb reboot bootloader and it said the same thing error:closed...i cant get back to that blue screen and i would like to know if it can be helped or am i screwed please let me know different methods and i will let you know if i did them i spent so far 27 hours on this PLZZ HELP!!!

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
you should never wipe using the privacy settings menu, that's what caused the brick

totally. what the hell? does no one read before flashing? this info should probably be in giant letters at the front of EVERY rom thread.

i did my research before flashing and knew not to do this. some people jump in too quick.

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, help him instead of telling him what he shouldn't of done, he knows what he shouldn't of done because his phone is bootlooping.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Dont smash your cell with a hammer like my buddy did. There is almost always a way to fix it. Just give it time and READ everything before ya do it :) Good luck

elmerf

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone...i Flashed a new Rom on it and went here http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/59359-custom-recovery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html and did what it said and it worked... Thank you all and trust me i learned my lesson....

I just wanted to thank you for being a responsible guy and digging yourself back out of the mess that you'd got yourself in, rather than just being an ass and trying to return the phone to the store.

You broke it, then you fixed it ... congratulations! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo