Note 3 or S5, can't decide

MSP2

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Note 3, which I can return in 14 days and swap for S5. I LOVE the phone, but I feel like it's too big and cumbersome for me :(
I'd rather get the galaxy note pro tablet to use it for entertainment, and S5 for practical use, what do you think? Thanks in advance!

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
The Note 3 is a "phablet".

The S5 is a phone.

You would only get the Note 3 if you want a Tablet and a Phone all-in-one.

If you want an individual device for each purpose, you get a standalone tablet and a standalone phone.

Just my 2 cents.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I have to admit I felt the same way a week ago. Now when I grab my wife's S5 it feels small. I would go the 14 days and see. You may change your mind as I did. The S5 is a great phone but I love my note.

sent from my T-Mo Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the comment above. Really the only main difference between the Note 3 and the S5 is the size. I've had both (currently have the S5) and I find its a good balance between size and everything else.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I did exactly that I had the Note 3 for 10 days switched to the S5 on launch day and love it. I have a separate tablet for Netflix and such, but the S5 is great and the screen for video play back is awesome.

I have the Galaxy Note 3, which I can return in 14 days and swap for S5. I LOVE the phone, but I feel like it's too big and cumbersome for me :(
I'd rather get the galaxy note pro tablet to use it for entertainment, and S5 for practical use, what do you think? Thanks in advance!

tclops

May 18, 2011
Visit site
i've had the note2 for over a year. i bought it with a squaretrade warranty/ins dealio for an extra $100, with a $25 deductible on a replacement which means i don't have a bulky case on it since replacing it is so cheap. without a case, the phone is quite manageable for me (male, avg build/hands). although before acquiring it i had always kind of deemed the size as 'ridiculous', after a few days with it i never really gave its size a second thought. the spen, if you can find a use for it, makes it a gotta-have-it feature for future phones for me.

i would go for the note for sure. your mileage may vary.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I have both the Note 3 and the S5. One you get used to the bigger screen you won't want to go back. The Note 3 is a really nice phone. I also feel it's preforms better than the S5, but you mileage may vary. My battery life is better on the Note 3 too. I'm actually having a hard time justifying the S5 purchase because I still go back to my Note 3.

Don't underestimate the S-Pen either. It comes in handy at time, although I haven't used it on a consistent basis.

The Note 3 doesn't do it for me as a tablet though, I use my iPad for that. But as a phone with a great large screen, the Note 3 is perfect for me.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I love my Note 3 as well. My gf got an S5 and while the screen is great, it's a fair tradeoff for the extra real estate. I use a Spigen Neo Hybrid TPU case, and it adds minimal bulk to the phone. Great device.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and its a love hate thing, love the size for web, video, games, email etc, but hate it when I want to put it away or make a call. The S5 if ONLY it was in 32GB I would be all over it. I have time to return my Note 3 and likely will wait it out.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the S5 and the Galaxy Pro 8.4. Perfect combination. The Note 3 is too big if you carry your phone in your pocket.

Only if you are wearing tight pants (for example, jeans). If you are wearing something like sweatpants then it shouldn't be a problem.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I got rid of my Note 2 because it was simply too large for one handed use. I rarely used the SPen, so that was no big loss.