Droid turbo > Galaxy S6 edge

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Just took back my edge 2 days ago. Complete waste of my time ...one of the worst devices I've ever had. Slow. laggy on browser had to disable JavaScript just to surf...and battery life so bad you could literally see it drain before your eyes

I can't Believe I did not buy the droid turbo earlier this is such a fantastic device… Everything about it the build quality is solid, I love the screen, the screen actually seems better than the galaxy S6 and the battery life is just insane.... I also love all of the little Motorola specific things also.

All in all I'm really happy that I got this

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I love my Turbo, but I can see why people would buy the S6 Edge..looks alone. Its very sharp looking and unique. People probably buy it because it is something different. The curve edges serve no purpose. Its like the LG Flex/Flex 2....curved phone serves little purpose...oh...it fits nice in your **** pocket. :) almost forgot...when you make the popcorn and settle down for a movie...you break out the Flex/Flex2 smartphone to watch it...since the screen gives you better viewing angle...SERIOUSLY..... WHO DOES THAT!

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Just took back my edge 2 days ago. Complete waste of my time ...one of the worst devices I've ever had. Slow. laggy on browser had to disable JavaScript just to surf...and battery life so bad you could literally see it drain before your eyes

I can't Believe I did not buy the droid turbo earlier this is such a fantastic device… Everything about it the build quality is solid, I love the screen, the screen actually seems better than the galaxy S6 and the battery life is just insane.... I also love all of the little Motorola specific things also.

All in all I'm really happy that I got this

The main thing I presumed about the S6/S6 Edge when looking at the pre-release specs and hype was that the battery life was going to be bad. Yeah, they claim that the thing is "optimized" for performancnce and battery use, but the bottom line is they put a significantly more battery hungry screen in a device with a smaller capacioty battery. We all know that our screen is by far our biggest battery hog. So, "optimization" or not, there was going to be an issue with battery life, not only compared to a beast like the Turbo, but compared to most any other phone out there.

Then they eliminated the swappable battery.

Ouch.

I think those two things combined are going to hurt the device over time.

I do see why people would want it. It looks very nice, and by all accounts is top notch and premium in build and materials (I haven't held one myself). The camera is arguably the best there is right now, reportedly. Samsung fans are going to be comfortable with the familiar stuff. For those who don't like Touchwiz, supposedly it is toned down.

But if battery life still matters to a lot of folks (like it does to me), the S6 isn't going to have a stellar overall rep for too long.

Last edited:

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I love my Turbo, but I can see why people would buy the S6 Edge..looks alone. Its very sharp looking and unique. People probably buy it because it is something different. The curve edges serve no purpose. Its like the LG Flex/Flex 2....curved phone serves little purpose...oh...it fits nice in your **** pocket. :) almost forgot...when you make the popcorn and settle down for a movie...you break out the Flex/Flex2 smartphone to watch it...since the screen gives you better viewing angle...SERIOUSLY..... WHO DOES THAT!

Yeah, the S6 Edge is a gimmick as far as I'm concerned. It's a pretty big bump in price to get the unique factor without much significant functionality added in upgrading from an S6. I'd just get added storage on an S6.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I hate to sound like a broken record, but Motorola has to improve the camera on their phones if I am going to stay with them. It has to be on parity with Samsung or Apple or I'm not sure that I will buy another one. Android already has some weirdnesses compared with iOS, particularly lack of standards for external control of playing media on the device, that Apple does really well.

I might be tempted to carry a quick charge external battery pack and get a Galaxy S6 if that's the only phone that can take decent photos and is well-supported by the OEM (with updates, etc.) We'll have to see what the LG G4 will be, I guess. I might just switch to whatever Apple comes out with this fall, though. I'm sort of tired of delayed updates to the Droids, small batteries in the Moto X, and bad cameras in both the X and the Droids. If I'm going to commit to two years on something, and pay that much, this year I want something **great**.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I hate to sound like a broken record, but Motorola has to improve the camera on their phones if I am going to stay with them. It has to be on parity with Samsung or Apple or I'm not sure that I will buy another one. Android already has some weirdnesses compared with iOS, particularly lack of standards for external control of playing media on the device, that Apple does really well.

I might be tempted to carry a quick charge external battery pack and get a Galaxy S6 if that's the only phone that can take decent photos and is well-supported by the OEM (with updates, etc.) We'll have to see what the LG G4 will be, I guess. I might just switch to whatever Apple comes out with this fall, though. I'm sort of tired of delayed updates to the Droids, small batteries in the Moto X, and bad cameras in both the X and the Droids. If I'm going to commit to two years on something, and pay that much, this year I want something **great**.

I feel ya. The problem I have is that the combo of the Turbo battery and the Moto software makes it very hard for me to imagine using something with much less in that regard. I could see living without the Moto stuff, since it can be replicated with third party apps or within Lollipop, but man, the gulf in battery is huge below the Turbo.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Honestly the camera is decent enough to get by. There's so many other positives with this Device.

I hope they make a turbo 2 or something. Similar device LOVE the ballistic back. Hope they keep that...and just with an improved camera and I'll be good to go for a second edition

Posted via the Android Central App

M_Sweeney

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Except for some low light shots, I've gotten really nice pics with the Turbo. I swap between the built in camera app & the downloadable Google Camera app. In good to fair light, even indoors, I've had no issues. Might not be the best out there, but since I don't earn a living from my phone photography, personal use case photos have been above standard for me.

M_Sweeney

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
After using the moto apps on near stock I can't picture ever going without them on a future phone.
While 3rd party may restore some of that, I find third party solutions that mimic the unique Moto/droid additions to be always either lacking specific features, not as smoothly integrated, pretty adhoc to get them all working together nicely, more battery draining, resource hogging, not up to par, and its usually a combination of two or more of those iasues depending on app & setup configuration.

Moto just works, integrated & optimized specifically for the hardware, and updates are less likely to break functionality, unlike using multiple 3rd party apps networked together to mimic the functions. If one app Dev updates, it can break the connections between the dependent apps of another Dev without warning.

Having one device maker develop both the hardware & the custom apps for added features just always seems to work smoother. It just works better when developed vertically.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Having one device maker develop both the hardware & the custom apps for added features just always seems to work smoother. It just works better when developed vertically.

What you say here, is why people buy Apple products, their OS is in perfect harmony with their hardware. Whether it be a MacBook, iMac, MacPro, iPhone, or iPad.

Their stuff just WORKS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19