Atrix vs. Iphone

Nickles0n

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a lot of issues with my samsung epic with constant crashes and a lot of dropped calls. It's pretty bad right now and I think it's all software issues mainly the bugs from touchwiz. The Iphone is appealing because of it's stability but do you think I should switch to the Iphone or the Atrix? I'm going to be switching onto att in march from sprint. Trust me it works out. Thanks in advanced.

maxim6194

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Somewhere i read the greatest metaphor for iPhones and Androids.

"Going from and iPhone to Android, was like going from a Wii to a PS3."

I would go on to interpret that as, it (Wii) was built for the technologically inept, and those who want serious gaming should turn to somthing with more power and capability (Xbox 360 or PS3).

Hope that helps

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, iphone is for people who want something reliable and don't want to do much to it after opening the box, while android is for people who want more feature and enjoy moding and hacking.

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I was talking to a buddy about how some software can cripple my droid x. He told me that even though apple has a more closed format, he ends up with a lot of bum apps and he would still take my phone over his if he could (company pays for his phone).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nickles0n

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, iphone is for people who want something reliable and don't want to do much to it after opening the box, while android is for people who want more feature and enjoy moding and hacking.

I know what I'm doing when it comes to android, I mean I knew how to work other peoples android phones better than they could before I even got mine. I just want something REALLY reliable since when my phone crashes i'm getting directions to something really important or it cuts out right after I say break up to my girlfriend but I'm talking about something else. (both of those have happened to me). I think i'm going to go with an Iphone, i've been on the boarder but I think you've actually convinced me of what I want in a phone. I love android to death and I'm probably still going to rant against the Iphone long after I get it but honestly I want a phone to make calls and to send texts. Apps are nice but they're not my main priority.
Thanks again for the help. Oh and Btw I have never tried to Root my phone because I'm too worried I would be without it for a day. I send like 100-450 texts a day. On the phone for like 1-3 hours a day.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I know what I'm doing when it comes to android, I mean I knew how to work other peoples android phones better than they could before I even got mine. I just want something REALLY reliable since when my phone crashes i'm getting directions to something really important or it cuts out right after I say break up to my girlfriend but I'm talking about something else. (both of those have happened to me). I think i'm going to go with an Iphone, i've been on the boarder but I think you've actually convinced me of what I want in a phone. I love android to death and I'm probably still going to rant against the Iphone long after I get it but honestly I want a phone to make calls and to send texts. Apps are nice but they're not my main priority.
Thanks again for the help. Oh and Btw I have never tried to Root my phone because I'm too worried I would be without it for a day. I send like 100-450 texts a day. On the phone for like 1-3 hours a day.

If you want a phone for calling an iphone is just is bad as android, if you want it to run apps reliably (navigation for instance) the iphone is the best bet. You will feel restricted though... The lack of widgets makes the home screen very boring.

Kaspern

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

If u want a phone to make calls, dont get a iphone =)maybe on verizon but not att lol.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If u want a phone to make calls, dont get a iphone =)maybe on verizon but not att lol.

+1......iPhone if you want a phone built for people who don't care. Android if you want a real smart phone. If you do go with the iPhone I highly recommend not getting the first version for Verizon...wait for the next one.

If you're sticking with AT&T...... Atrix will be the best phone they carry. AT&T is shaking in their boots now that they don't have the iPhone to themselves. Answer.....The Atrix.

Kaspern

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
+1......iPhone if you want a phone built for people who don't care. Android if you want a real smart phone. If you do go with the iPhone I highly recommend not getting the first version for Verizon...wait for the next one.

If you're sticking with AT&T...... Atrix will be the best phone they carry. AT&T is shaking in their boots now that they don't have the iPhone to themselves. Answer.....The Atrix.

the iphone is pretty solid once jailbroken, otherwise it is just like a wii.. but the jailbreaking comminity is run by 15 yr olds so the drama is pretty high.

illmatic41

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
As an owner of a NexusOne and an iPhone4, I'm interested in the Atrix as an upgrade to the NexusOne. However, the locked bootloader of Atrix is one element that makes it unappealing...especially considering how many different custom ROMs I've loaded onto the Nexus. It's great being able to Nandroid your current setup and then load a new ROM to test out. I've played with the OG Droid and Droid2, hoping that Motorola would produce a more responsive touchscreen than what HTC used on the NexusOne and I have to say, I'm not impressed. I hope the Atrix has a better touchscreen response. There is no other touchscreen phone that has the response of the iPhone. Whatever algorithm Apple uses to measure touch is simply ahead of the game. While the iPhone may be locked down stock, when jailbroken, it's a whole other world...like taking the red pill in the Matrix. LOL The ammount of jailbroken development and apps are pretty impressive. I hate Apple as a company and think most of their products are average and sold by hype, but the iOS products are excellent when exploited by the hacking community.

NicoleW78

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have also heard that the iPhone is just a lousy phone in general. It seems to have a lot of issues with dropped calls, so I'm surprised you want it as a replacement. You didn't mention in your post, but have you had tech support troubleshoot your phone and/or towers in your area?

Using tapatalk!

Nickles0n

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have also heard that the iPhone is just a lousy phone in general. It seems to have a lot of issues with dropped calls, so I'm surprised you want it as a replacement. You didn't mention in your post, but have you had tech support troubleshoot your phone and/or towers in your area?

Using tapatalk!

They said I should uninstall my widgets. I did and I got my texting back but the phone side is having issues. Sprint is amazing around my area. Until my epic I hadn't had a dropped call unless i was literally in a tunnel. The real issues i'm having are phone freezes and crashes. My phone will literally crash during a call. Like it will stop working and freeze. It's not the service, not the hardware, but the software.

Kaspern

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I would not agree. I fount my 3GS sluggish when i jailbroke it. If you plan to buy an iphone just to jailbreak it then get an android!:cool:

I agree, even my iphone 4 feels very sluggishat times jailbroken or not..but a jailbreak makes an iphone 100 times better then out of the box =) And yes I have come to realize that android is the way to go, hence im waiting for the atrix.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: john_v

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey since this thread is discussing the ifruit vs android, I'm going to ask this question here, rather than start a whole new thread.

I am operating under the impression that the Atrix will run flash in the web browswer. The spec list have stated "Flash 10.whatever". Am I correct in my assumption that that means on the phones browser as well, and not just on the webtop Firefox? Flash is starting to become a "need", more than just a want due to my line of work (online college courses); I hope this is correct...if so I am completely sold.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
There is no such thing as a good blackberry. Blackberries are for old people who still think they are cool. ANDROID IS THE ONLY CHOICE!

Anyone who disagrees may go to our sister forum:
http://www.crackberry.com/?utm_source=topbar&utm_medium=topbar&utm_term=sitename

Not to bash our sister site too much :'( but having AC in my Google reader feeds is so refreshing as opposed to CB...here I get actual news about android OS, as opposed to an occasion news article, (forever)rumored devices, and pictures of overweight has-been celebrities carrying blackberries. TiPb isn't too bad either, but most of their news articles have the "apple is master and steve is the chosen one" spin put into them...gets old after awhile.

Steps off soapbox :mad:

uberspeed

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Using tapatalk!

The iPhone has never had good radios in it, perhaps they're finally changing that with the next version. Using ATT with an iPhone I sometimes would switch my SIM and drop it into BB9700 so make calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38