02-04-2016 09:01 AM
1,719 ... 23456 ...
tools
    And if Apple could give us that while maintaining stability and a uniform user experience they probably would. One of things about android that can easily cause confusion is how each manufacturer has a slightly different take on ui and features to include.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    They could always allow theming with a disclaimer. They allow boot camp on the Macs. I guess jailbreaking is as close as its going to get. I'm sure they feel that if tinkering is a priority the customer will either jailbreak or get an Android device. Their bottom line doesn't seem to be negatively affected. I was just wishing out loud I suppose.

from the Elegance
    08-24-2015 03:32 PM
    so there is 0 people here waiting to see what the iPhone 6S Plus will be like before buying Note 5?

guess it's just me?
    You have a great point actually! There's not really much besides the S Pen that the Note 5 has to separate itself from the iPhone 6 Plus now. I'm not a fan iPhone's software or hardware so I won't be waiting for the next iPhone but I will be waiting to see what LG and Nexus comes out with in the next few months.
    08-24-2015 04:56 PM
    You have a great point actually! There's not really much besides the S Pen that the Note 5 has to separate itself from the iPhone 6 Plus now. I'm not a fan iPhone's software or hardware so I won't be waiting for the next iPhone but I will be waiting to see what LG and Nexus comes out with in the next few months.
    I have the 6 plus. I would say the screen is a huge upgrade and selling point of the note 5 vs the iphone. The note 5 screen is amazing. I think if apple allowed widgets and more control of where icons are placed on the screen you would see a ton of android users move over.
    08-24-2015 05:32 PM
    I always said I would never use an iPhone. I tried the 6 plus and thought it hates it because of the lack of personalization. I went to the Galaxy S6 Edge. I traded in the Edge in 14 days. I couldn't stand the poor battery power, having to constantly turn off all the features I could just leave on my iPhone and just have it always ready to use, updates rolled out quickly, not having to worry about things like Stage Freight (hence the lock down of personalization)
    I miss launchers, side loading apps and the slightly better camera. I love having a Smart phone that works without having to constantly adjust it, battery, almost equal camera despite the difference, not waiting incredibly long for updates...
    Each phone has pros and cons. At this point of my life I am loving the iPhone. It just freaking works!!! I'm anxiously awaiting the better camera for the 6s Plus and the possible Force Touch and loving Apple Pay.
    None of the current Android Phones away me back, as I just mainly have the pains of having to constantly adjust my settings all the time and have to wait months for important and not as important updates. They may seem like silly reasons to you, but to me and in my life, these are things that make and break the deal for Android. I've always hated the fragmentation, as I love the latest and greatest but got tired of having to root for it and potentially have to live with bugs to do so. (I so very love every dev at XDA and am grateful for them.)
    Hopefully I can return to Android soon. (I miss the cheap apps as well! So many Apple apps aren't free.)
    My mileage will vary from yours as these are my opinions and not yours.
    Side note. My Edge had horrid battery. I had to keep most of my features off all the time to preserve battery. While it was a beautiful phone, trading off function was not worth it for me. I got an update from T Mo that was to help battery. While it did, it did not compare to the 18+ hour battery of the 6 plus. I never really noticed a difference in the Ram department, which is amazing since the two phones are vastly different. It amazes me how much Apple is able to do with less and still keep up with, if not pass (in some aspects) of the Android department.
    Don't be afraid to try something new. Go in with a fresh mind and work with what you got. You may confirm you hate Apple, you may find it has some really freakin amazing features and is fun to use!
    (Jail breaking is so freaking awesome and has so many amazing tweaks! They just come at a financial cost which I am not used to.)
    Dukins, Coney718 and kuyawil like this.
    08-24-2015 05:49 PM
    I have the 6 plus. I would say the screen is a huge upgrade and selling point of the note 5 vs the iphone. The note 5 screen is amazing. I think if apple allowed widgets and more control of where icons are placed on the screen you would see a ton of android users move over.
    Those are things that separate the iPhone from Android. I know iPhone can do more now, but there's still a lot it can't do. I remember my manager went to look at the larger phones (iPlus and note) and the store clerk said if you're into computer programming get an Android. He got an iPlus. I said, "well it's more if you like to play around with your phone, you get an Android." I like that part of it. My first Android was the Droid 1. Only about 3 apps installed and I got to choose what I wanted on it. I loved that. But I like playing around with techy stuff. And other non-techy stuff.
    08-24-2015 05:51 PM
    And the reason for that is because iOS don't need a ton of ram to run in order to keep up with android.
    wow, apple fans are holding their breaths for 2gb of ram? seriously?
    kuyawil likes this.
    08-24-2015 08:47 PM
    I have had a lot of phones over the past 3 years. Apple iPhone 6 has the best battery of all I have tried, hands down. I never have gone larger screen size than the g4, and in all honesty, the iPhone 5s was the perfect sized phone for me, but the battery stunk it up, compared to the iPhone 6. I am on my Second s6, a gold one, and this phone takes the cake for looks. I love new technology, and have been eyeing the Note 5, the specs make it sound sweet, BUT- I am not sure I will make use of all the functionality of that beast. I am content with Verizon messaging, I browse the Web, play games, and the Camera is the most important feature to me. I love both IOS and Android. There are pros and cons to both. I gotta say, the battery on this s6 is killing me. I am a light user, conserve battery as I can, without compromising features, and to me, I shouldn't have to do that! From what I have read on these forums, the Note 5 sounds like it has better battery life than this s6, so that may be a selling point to me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-24-2015 09:42 PM
    I made the decision a while back to jump iOS ship for Android, and more specifically the Note 5. I haven't had a Note since the 2 and I missed it. I would be shocked- truly shocked if the 6S+ was so drastically different from the 6+ that it made me want it. Plus, as others have mentioned, I really do not like the form factor.

Only thing I'm missing from the iPhone as of now is the radio- my LTE on the Note 5 blows in comparison.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-24-2015 10:28 PM
    I use a lot of widgets, not something I can do without.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    08-25-2015 03:55 PM
    I use a lot of widgets, not something I can do without.

iPhones have widgets....
    08-25-2015 06:34 PM
    Internal specs dont mean everything if the software cripples them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Beltelmel likes this.
    08-25-2015 08:46 PM
    Internal specs dont mean everything if the software cripples them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    I have made a huge mistake.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Dukins likes this.
    08-25-2015 08:53 PM
    I have made a huge mistake.

Damn! Oh well, my job will get me a new iPhone as soon as it comes out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    08-25-2015 09:22 PM
    Damn! Oh well, my job will get me a new iPhone as soon as it comes out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    Thank goodness for 14 day return windows!!

08-25-2015 09:26 PM
    Side note: I traded in my iPhone 6+ today for a Note 5...
    08-25-2015 09:47 PM
    Iphones are boring, locked down, boring, lack real innovation, boring, cannot be customized in any type of way, boring, don't have real widgets (which I use every single day) oh and did I mention BORING!!! So in other words, NO. LOL
    08-25-2015 10:04 PM
    Bought the Note 5 the first day it went on sale.Plan on preordering the iPhone 6s plus as well.I like switching back and forth every few days between IOS and Android,
    tadpoles likes this.
    08-25-2015 10:05 PM
    What's an iPhone?
    08-25-2015 10:30 PM
    Not waiting for sure. I moved to live to SE Asia, everyone has an ihpone here. I like to be different, I had iphone 1 and 4S but moved away eventually. My wife still uses iphone 6, but Im sorry how can company charge so much for such a featureless phone. I'm talking about screen resolution, 1 gb of ram, and a lot of other features that phones already have but Iphone doesn't. They never embraced NFC, until they made Apple Pay and as usual calling it MAGICAL, that makes it seem that they have came up with this technology.

Iphone 6S Plus is not going to be any different, slight tweaks here and there, better CPU and camera. Maybe force touch. Besides compared to Note iphone 6S Plus will set me off more than 100 dollars more here for 64GB model than Note 5.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    08-25-2015 10:36 PM
    There are Iphone folks...in the Droid forums???

*scratches head*

Oh.

08-25-2015 11:59 PM

*scratches head*

Oh.

Know thy self, know thy enemy.

08-26-2015 12:01 AM

*scratches head*

Oh.

I love technology and am not a fan boy. I love to see what's changing in the Droid world and hoping I see something worth coming back for.
    Dukins and 21stNow like this.
    08-26-2015 04:08 AM
    I love technology and am not a fan boy. I love to see what's changing in the Droid world and hoping I see something worth coming back for.
    Same Here. I really wanted to like this Note 5 to come back to Android. It's just not doing it for me. I've been on Android since the original droid through the Note 4 Dev Edition. After owning the iPhone 6+ (first iPhone) for 5 months, there's nothing on the Note 5 that changes my mind at this point. I'll try again on the Note 6.
    21stNow and tadpoles like this.
    08-26-2015 07:46 AM
    None whatsoever

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5 via the Android Central App
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    08-26-2015 09:48 AM
    I went from Apple to the Note 3, turned it in because the GPS. Was getting serious about the Note 5, went & ck'd it out, beautiful. But it's now confirmed, the GPS is still broke, so I'll be keeping the 6+ until it is confirmed fixed.
    Had my note 5 since launch, used the gps the next day to guide us to our vacation spot. gps got me across 2 states with pen point accuracy just like all of my phones have.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5 via the Android Central App
    08-26-2015 09:53 AM
1,719 ... 23456 ...