LG G5 vs Galaxy S7

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Of course we know very little about these devices, but that will chance in just a couple of weeks.

Based on what we do know or can surmise, which way is everyone leaning?

I like the idea of the expansion port on the G5, especially if they have something related to high resolution audio.

Speaking of that, I think this time around the sound quality out of the headphone jack is going to be a bigger factor for me than it was in the past. The V10 has impressive sound quality, while the Note 5 is really just average. If that comparison stays the same between the G5 and S7 and LG does other things right I might lean towards the G5 and forgive other things (like the software that will probably still be not pretty).

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
if the photo leaks are real, the G5 is a very ugly device IMO, and most people will buy based on looks, the GS7 is a beautiful device :)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Now that they are both here what does everyone think? I'm leaning more towards the S7 now. It just seems like they tried to fix the things that were wrong with the S6, which is ok since I liked the S6 a lot.

I'm still really liking the add on audio module on the G5, but I don't think that's enough to sway me all by itself. It doesn't look like LG fixed the one big issue I have with their software, which is the DPI. Everything is just too big for me.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
You should make it a poll.

Anyhow, I'm leaning towards the Galaxy S7.

The LG G5 is an innovation showcase, but unfortunately, even though it has a lot of great innovative hardware, I don't find many of them beneficial to the core experience and don't really add much to the core functionality. The software also saw some regressions from the G4.

The Galaxy S7 looks largely the same as the S6, but had a serious hardware upgrade, especially the bigger battery, the return of a microSD card slot, a camera that turns convention on its head and other stuff.

In simpler terms, LG released the better geek gadget that turns heads. Samsung released the better phone that works well for anything a phone is for. Ultimately, they're both phones at the end of the day, and I personally think Samsung nailed that.