How does the iPhone X compare to the Note?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone compared the two? I think the Note 8 hands down is the better device. Even the s8 is a better device.

Apple just now catching up to Samsung with wireless charging and facial recognition.

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have more friends who have converted to android from apple than the other way around.
But...with that said, there are some diehard Apple fans that will stand by them to the bitter end and they will drink the kool-aid and kid themselves in believing stuff such as, the fact the X is the newest and only phone with face recognition... And then there are the rest of us who know better ;)

I have never been a fan of Apple Products and I never will be.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The unlocking process is supposed to be smooth, not clunky and gesture-based. There should not be an extra step in swiping up on the screen to unlock the device. That alone annoyed me enough not to get the iPhone X.

I shouldn't say that alone did it. The terrible notch at the top of the phone is practically smacking you in the face when you're watching full-screen video. And iOS just isn't as intuitive as Android. And that "bezelless screen" actually has a tiny bezel around the entire device. I don't get fooled by marketing gimmicks.

I was forced onto the iPhone 7 Plus after the Note 7 recall last year and although it was okay, it wasn't what I wanted in a phone.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone X is crap compared to Samsung's S8/+ and Note8, but like MysticalDreams said there will be people who are fooled to think that the new iPhone is innovative and has created something "new" that other smartphones don't have which we all know is not true. I've lost interest in iPhones since iPhone 5. I'll just stick to Samsung for phones and Apple for laptops.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I think the X is a great step forward for Apple, and I'm sure it will be a huge success. It's just not for me.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I think the magic Apple once had is gone and has been for a few years now. The last iPhone that I have bought was the 6S/6S+, yes, I bought both. Since that release, I just haven't seen anything worth spending that kind of money on again and the X isn't worth $1000+ either.

I get excited now when there is a new Note or S release. That excitement is what I used to feel for Apple every summer when it was close to the new iPhone. I think what I'm going to end up doing every year is buying the S and the Note because that's what I have done this year. I'm pretty much done with iPhones.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone X is crap compared to Samsung's S8/+ and Note8, but like MysticalDreams said there will be people who are fooled to think that the new iPhone is innovative and has created something "new" that other smartphones don't have which we all know is not true. I've lost interest in iPhones since iPhone 5. I'll just stick to Samsung for phones and Apple for laptops.
You mean Samsung for phones and Samsung for laptops lol jkjk

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
The note8 with touchwiz made it real easy for me to convert from iOS to Android. I tried last year a low end LG smartphone and returned it as the ui was horrible.

Nougat Android samsung's apps and touchwiz is just like iOS. Easy to use and not much messing around.

A+ Samsung!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's a personal choice... Some people find everything need in iphone. We Android users prefer more options. It doesn't make us better or smarter. It just means we prefer other options.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I was Apple all the way until I got an Android, which was the Note 3. Since then I have not touched another Apple phone. I just cannot justify the price for very little innovation.

I do have to give it to Apple though, there software is so integrated with their hardware that they function pretty flawlessly.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone compared the two? I think the Note 8 hands down is the better device. Even the s8 is a better device.

Apple just now catching up to Samsung with wireless charging and facial recognition.

For me the camera performance is a huge decider in a phone so although I'd take the Note 8 personally because it's better for me overall, I'm still dying to see the camera showdowns between the two of them on YouTube etc. The iPhone pretty much has the front camera win in the bag already but the rear cameras could be really close this year and the iPhone already does Portrait Mode better thanks to the software. I like the fact Live Focus lets you adjust the focal point and level of blur afterwards like my Huawei P10 already does though. This will probably be the first year ever I don't buy an iPhone as I'm just not feeling it. Glad they've finally got wireless charging and even fast charging but that only works if you buy one of their ridiculously expensive charging bricks

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the X is a great step forward for Apple, and I'm sure it will be a huge success. It's just not for me.
I totally agree with you, if your an apple kinda person this is a good step in the right direction.

Android is not for everyone. I'm the IT for about 350 users and we have a BYOD policy, so I end up supporting quite a few iPhones. Most iPhone users are very happy doing what Apple allows them to do and never question it.

I had a user a few years ago that saw some of the things I was doing with my Note (4, I think) and decided he just had to have one. So he moved away from the iPhone to a Note. It turned out to be an awful experience for him (and me). I just didn't have the time or desire to constantly support him in his confusion. I remember telling him I thought it was time for him to go back to the iPhone.

It seemed at the time he was just so lost in the Android world. I think when you purchase an iPhone, Apple welcomes you in and puts you on a track, then guides you along the track in the way they want you to go. Android on the other hand seems to say welcome, go wherever you like.

Not that this is true of everyone, but it seems to be the majority of users I support.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's different ecosystem, personally i enjoy using my different Android phones and at the same time love my Apple watch + iPhone combo. Have the 8+ ordered for pick up on 22nd and for sure will pick up the iPhone X. iPhone X and Pixel 2 XL will be my last phone purchases of the year hopefully until late next year.
I enjoy both iOS and Android, never understood why people fight over one or the other

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
For me the camera performance is a huge decider in a phone so although I'd take the Note 8 personally because it's better for me overall, I'm still dying to see the camera showdowns between the two of them on YouTube etc. The iPhone pretty much has the front camera win in the bag already but the rear cameras could be really close this year and the iPhone already does Portrait Mode better thanks to the software. I like the fact Live Focus lets you adjust the focal point and level of blur afterwards like my Huawei P10 already does though. This will probably be the first year ever I don't buy an iPhone as I'm just not feeling it. Glad they've finally got wireless charging and even fast charging but that only works if you buy one of their ridiculously expensive charging bricks

The iPhone uses the Qi standard, which means you should be able to use any Qi charger:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/15/16304302/iphone-8-x-wireless-charger-buying-guide-how-to-choose

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Apple has a solid ecosystem and decently performing and but free software. But the issue is that they don't let you do much. Plus there is some issues with radio on wifi
and weight. The note 8 feels lighter and just as well built as the 7plus. It's just as fast if not faster and similar battery performance.