What are the privileges of Android users that Iphone users will never have?

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
I occasionally install some ios launcher just to get back to that simplicity that ios offered to me. (Until I get bored because it's just not like 100% ios)

But I rather adopt to some design flaws in Android, then to some closed down manufacturer controlled and manipulated eco system (like those automatic throttle down of system capabilities of devices older than 2 or more years... (With the excuse of worn out battery.. As if one couldn't just get that replaced))

Currently playing and enjoying the latest out of Android on an entry level xiaomi Redmi 8a just proves my point

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
I would say that what Android users have over iOS is that we can customize our phones, use icon packs, download apps from the web browser or a third party app store. But two advantages iOS users have is that they can text from virtually any of their iOS or apple devices. They have an ecosystem that is kinda hard to leave.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I would say that what Android users have over iOS is that we can customize our phones, use icon packs, download apps from the web browser or a third party app store. But two advantages iOS users have is that they can text from virtually any of their iOS or apple devices. They have an ecosystem that is kinda hard to leave.

I've been able to text from any of my devices regardless of brand since 2014. It's not exclusive to Apple but is certainly something Google has yet to implement.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I did love Apple back when I lived in the Bay Area, there's WiFi everywhere so my Apple ecosystem worked smoothly and i was very happy.
Fast forward to now, i have left the city for more rural areas, in fact I'm borderline off grid when I'm in Washington state.
And you know what?
With no WiFi, Apple sucks big greasy platypus balls.
Because Apple wants me tethered to wifi 24/7, because every minute update demands freaking WiFi and frankly, driving over an hour to park at McDonald's in hopes of using their WiFi is just too much especially considering that said WiFi is subpart and quits all the time.

Now, i have my Note 20 Ultra, unlimited data and wheeeee!... PERFECTION.
I do what I want, when i want, where i want.

For me that was the tipping point. Just wifi.

Now that I've had my Note for a few months, i am both annoyed that I didn't switch sooner and tickled pink because better late than never, i have the best screen, everything works a light speed, smooth and effortless, hell even the emojis are better.

I had to learn simple things like the meandres of the Google world, but holy paws you guys, i feel free!

My man has the iphone 11pro max and the 12 inch ipad pro and and he's always waiting for things to load. Always hoping for wifi.
Apple maps still takes us in the wrong direction sometimes but Google maps is always right.

Customization... 'nuff said, Apple couldn't hold a candle to Android on that level.

So I'm really hoping that Samsung will correct the error if its ways and keep the Note in their line up.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll stick with android due to YOUR PHONE app. Allows me to seamlissly connect to my windows laptop via wifi when in range. I can then answer messages, transfer photos, etc. Apple will not allow such a connection to a windows laptop. Other than that, I might pick apple.

(On a side note. My Pixel 4XL was manufactured in China by Foxconn, probably on a line a few feet from the iPhone line. And it is not where a product is manufactured it is the quality control that counts for the manufacturing process.)

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
For those who like to tinker, iPhones are some of the hardest devices to repair when things break on a hardware level. All phones are complex, it's just that it's easier for the DIY crowd (and the pros to a lesser degree) to fix common hardware issues.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
For those who like to tinker, iPhones are some of the hardest devices to repair when things break on a hardware level. All phones are complex, it's just that it's easier for the DIY crowd (and the pros to a lesser degree) to fix common hardware issues.

Agree. However, they are still getting better. And as for repairs, some android phones are easier (or harder) than others. Screen/battery replacement on a Pixel 6 looks like a kid could do with a plastic knife and small tweezers. Screen on a Samsung S21 looks to be needing a brain surgeon (kidding), but certainly takes a lot of time, and looks to be very expensive even if done yourself.

Apple likes to make it harder with using some strange screws such as tri-tips vs. the usual torx or phillips used on Android phone.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
For most people, android and Iphone are the same. Its just a matter of perception. A lot of people feel the iPhone is easier to use and "just works" Android is seen as foreign and hard to figure out. Only phone enthusiasts like those on forums like these, truly appreciate the differences.

As pointed out. Android allows us to be different and not just another iphone user.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
For most people, android and Iphone are the same. Its just a matter of perception. A lot of people feel the iPhone is easier to use and "just works" Android is seen as foreign and hard to figure out. Only phone enthusiasts like those on forums like these, truly appreciate the differences.

As pointed out. Android allows us to be different and not just another iphone user.

Plus Android gives you all kinds of price points to enter the smartphone market, with some very nice budget level smartphones available. Apple gives you.... not that lol.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Plus Android gives you all kinds of price points to enter the smartphone market, with some very nice budget level smartphones available. Apple gives you.... not that lol.

Yeah, the one thing they will never have is choice.

Not even being flippant, you'll never have an iOS device manufactured by Samsung, Motorola or Nokia. Just one device in two sizes, and if you don't like it, you have to learn to like it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s