So what is the overall opinion of the Pixel C so far?

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Fabulous screen. Love the keyboard. I have not had any noticeable wifi issues. Looking forward to split screen use in Nougat. The Pixel C is a very functional mini-chromebook which happens to run Android.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Fabulous screen. Love the keyboard. I have not had any noticeable wifi issues. Looking forward to split screen use in Nougat. The Pixel C is a very functional mini-chromebook which happens to run Android.
It's not a chromebook without chrome os...more like a very functional android tablet with a bad wifi connection

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I've never had any WiFi issues luckily enough. It's a very nice device but, that said, I can't help but wish I knew about the Play Store coming to Chromebooks back when I bought this. I really should have known there was something afoot when it was on discount, but the time limits force your hand.
As a device on it's own - great, but no way would I have bought it had I been able to get a Chrome OS device with Android apps on it at the time.

Herman Kantz

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I've had mine about six weeks.
If I knew what I did now I would not have purchased it.
I think its build quality is fantastic as is its display and speed.
However, the WiFi is atrociously anemic, undoubtedly the worst WiFi device I've ever owned.
Even more distressing is the fact that it locks up and requires a hard boot at an increasing frequency.
It just locked up for the second time today.
Had I paid full price I would have been even more distressed.
I'm glad I still have my Galaxy Tab S 10.5. It has a terrific WiFi range and speed and I don't recall it ever locking up.
H K

Rowlette

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
My speed is excellent because I have 150 mps cable and 5G. Just a point of information if you are on N it is still buggy and a little unstable that why it is called Beta.😀😂

Rowlette

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure you are hitting the Power Off switch instead of the rocker on the side which happens to just put it in Sleep mode. I cannot imagine a device could ever turn itself own automatically.

1c050d0967e3df9564ea215cacf93138.jpg

That is the Power Off.

Too lazy to take another picture.😄

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure you are hitting the Power Off switch instead of the rocker on the side which happens to just put it in Sleep mode. I cannot imagine a device could ever turn itself own automatically.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/1c050d0967e3df9564ea215cacf93138.jpg

That is the Power Off.

Too lazy to take another picture.😄

Yeah definitely. Hold power button then tap the on-screen prompt to power it down.
Happened again last night, I'd shut it down and about an hour later I could hear notifications coming through and it was back on. The few times it's happened it's been connected to the keyboard (last night was face down on keys, last time the back was to the keys) so maybe that has something to do with it.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by sleep button on the side though? I only have 2 buttons on my device. One is the power button on the top (in landscape) and the other is the volume rocker on the side.

kirbwrx

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Had a Tab S2 and returned it. I love my Pixel C, the only things I would change is to make it lighter and to be able to dim the screen more. Even at its lowest setting it's too bright in a dark room.

Brett Wier

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I guess seeing these wifi issues suddenly rules me out in purchasing the Pixel C.
I also have the Tab S 10.5 with mimo wifi that is stellar.
My guess is that the Pixel doesn't have mimo wifi.

Rowlette

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
My Wi-Fi is beyond good on my Pixel C it is amazing. If you read my other post the problem was my Router. I always was using 5g but when my old cable Router and the N7 preview second release I was not able to hold the signal even though my Samsungs were locked.
After the replacement it been flying. Now we have N7 full release. Remember a lot of people come to the Forum just to post problems and complain. They usually do not was to put the effort in diagnosing and issue and resolution.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
My 2 cents: I think the time to kid ourselves that Android tablets are worth buying instead of an iPad is long past. Given the choice between the pixel or an iPad there's no question . Love my Nexus 6p more than any iPhone but in the tablet arena, iPad all the way

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
My 2 cents: I think the time to kid ourselves that Android tablets are worth buying instead of an iPad is long past. Given the choice between the pixel or an iPad there's no question . Love my Nexus 6p more than any iPhone but in the tablet arena, iPad all the way

Like phones, it's the best choice if you like iOS and it's not if you don't. I personally don't and wouldn't even give an iPad any consideration for my money.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Like phones, it's the best choice if you like iOS and it's not if you don't. I personally don't and wouldn't even give an iPad any consideration for my money.
It's actually not like phones. There are a lot of good Android phones out there that can rival iPhone. Not so in the 2016 tablet space. iPad is just plain better than any of the current Android tablets regardless of what OS you prefer.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's actually not like phones. There are a lot of good Android phones out there that can rival iPhone. Not so in the 2016 tablet space. iPad is just plain better than any of the current Android tablets regardless of what OS you prefer.

But it's not. If I had to use iOS every day I'd go insane, so for me an iPad definitely would not be better. It's all about the OS, you can get mesmorised by whatever fancy box that OS comes in if you want but the software is what you have to deal with every day. If I hadn't this then I'd have another Android device or a Windows one.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
It's not just about the OS. The iPad is simply better built. Build quality counts for a lot too. Look at the crap wifi radio on the pixel. Crap wifi on... A TABLET. seriously? Look at how Android renders apps on 10" tablets. Like a giant version of a phone app. Awful. And inexcusable this many years later. Android is awesome. On phones. On tablets it's no better today than 5 years ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non