Samsung Galaxy S5 Can't Download Pokemon Go

metuome95

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
I just got a phone off of kijiji in Ontario, claimed to be new-- looked new enough and not the cheapest option either. I mainly got it since my old phone is glitchy (been through a couple of good falls, too).

The new phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5, SM-G900W8. The writing on the back, near the serial number is in spanish.

I get the "Your device is not compatible with this version" message when I look up Pokemon Go on google (as it doesnt show up in the Play Store). Has anyone heard of this happening before and what could be causing it?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If the model number comes from a region where Pokemon Go hasn't been released that might explain why the specific model isn't listed as compatible (also make sure that the OS version you're using is compatible with the game).

metuome95

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! I'm on Android version 4.4.2 ... not sure where the phone is originally from LOL. Might just have to play with the AFK version until they release it everywhere.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just be careful where you download the APK, remember that some are 'loaded' and might come with malware/spyware included. E-mailing Niantic's support will also, at least, get them to look at the specific model and see if it was just a 'miss' on their compatibility list.