Pokemon no longer works on rooted devices

Suren Manukyan

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Guys after Pokemon Go V. 0.37.0 rooted users are unable to play the game. People say that even Xposed Rootcloak can't do anything about it. Think of ways to bypass it please..

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, weird. Wonder why they did that. To stop the GPS spoofing and other cheat techniques? Aren't there other ways to detect that stuff?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had the update yet, but this is ridiculous.

After all the time and money we've invested into their game, they're gonna prevent us from playing it for no reason? What a **** take!

Well, at least they did it before I bought the damn plus accessory.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Rooting is a choice, a choice that comes with consequences. I have rooted many times, but don't anymore due to the consequences.

You purposely break and exploit a vulnerability in the OS, you basically bypass any accepted security standard on your device.... I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for this, but what do you expect.

Suren Manukyan

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Rooting is a choice, a choice that comes with consequences. I have rooted many times, but don't anymore due to the consequences.

You purposely break and exploit a vulnerability in the OS, you basically bypass any accepted security standard on your device.... I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for this, but what do you expect.
Everyone accepts that but why must innocent rooters get punished for location spoofers?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Firstly, you don't know what you're talking about. I haven't broken or exploited anything to root my phone. It's designed to be root friendly, and is still under warranty.

Secondly, for me at least, it's not that root users are disallowed. It's that they gave us a few months to invest our time and money before arbitrarily blocking us for no good reason.

Thirdly, some devices are being detected incorrectly as rooted even though they are not. What of those users? They made no choice, are they just SOL?

As an aside, I use root for enchanted accessibility. Without it my phone would be incredibly difficult for me to use... Hopefully Google will improve their software and I'll get the choice, but at the moment it's pretty much necessary.

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
The ban for rooted users the banning and not allowing them to play should have came as common sense. When I switched from iPhone to Galaxy s7 I didn't root. This is because simplest things like time Warner cable app not working etc. the thing with Pokemon go is ya maybe everyone who publically posts on here who is rooted doesn't cheat. Well just because you don't doesn't mean everyone who has rooted phone does same. Your very small fraction of the users.

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and put my note 5 back to factory settings and then used Magisk to root and everything works including PG and Android Pay. Fairly easy if you're familiar and comfortable with rooting. I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with a way to block Magisk too but for now it works and has been working to allow Android Pay for at least a couple months now so it must not be easy to detect.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The ban for rooted users the banning and not allowing them to play should have came as common sense. When I switched from iPhone to Galaxy s7 I didn't root. This is because simplest things like time Warner cable app not working etc. the thing with Pokemon go is ya maybe everyone who publically posts on here who is rooted doesn't cheat. Well just because you don't doesn't mean everyone who has rooted phone does same. Your very small fraction of the users.

Fully agree.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's actually occurred to anyone yet that the tools like Magisk that get created so legitimate rooted players can continue to play will probably make the cheaters that are out there that much harder to catch?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's actually occurred to anyone yet that the tools like Magisk that get created so legitimate rooted players can continue to play will probably make the cheaters that are out there that much harder to catch?

So they should create a tool to detect Magisk and ban those players rather than blocking them? Or what?

andres584

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Bought a freedom pop moto e for my 7 year old son to play Pokémon go. Didn't know it came rooted. He's seriously heartbroken because he can update and have a buddy Pokémon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty