A week with the Qualcomm Toq

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
So after pre-ordering it from Qualcomm direct and it not shipping- after 3wks- I cancelled the order and ordered it from Amazon. Using my prime membership, I got it in 2 days. Qualcomm has no clue how to sell to the direct consumer apparently. My experience with the watch has been good, I wouldn't say great overall though. The good: the battery life has been amazing, 6 days without having to charge is pretty awesome, no complaints here. The screen is - for the most part- very responsive once you get used to it. Its not the sharpest screen but its not meant to be. User experience on the android app is really good too. I really like the quick reply templates and being able to turn on notifications for all the apps you have on your phone that support notification alerts. The bad: This is big for me since I have several other watches from sports/casual watches ( casio, ironman etc) to more pricier time pieces ( Tissot, Tag Heuer) .....so I like my watches and gadgets. :) Having said that I know this watch is meant to serve as specific purpose and its also meant to show off qualcomms mirasol display technology, which I am a fan of and I get that.. However, the downside to me is in the band adjustment of having to CUT OFF rubber links with no real way to make finer adjustments to the band. I like my watch to fit snug- not tight- but just enough so its not constantly slipping up and down on my wrist and if you dont have the right size wrist based on where the cut outs fall on the band, you are screwed. This is a potential deal breaker for me. I own the galaxy gear and it seems Samsung put a little more thought into this by spacing the holes closer together to provide the wearer some options. The watches I wear most often are ones I hardly notice are there. Unfortunately, this is not the case for the Toq. Im still on the fence about returning it or not but if/when I do it wont be because of the technology ( I like it for what its meant to be) ... it'll be because of the comfort preference I have on how I like a watch to fit. Thats it.,, This should have been something qualcomm development took into consideration. Shame... shame.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if they'll let you return it if you've cut the strap? I figured once I did that it was mine for life :) I hear what you're saying on the strap but it does allow some cool stuff like the sensors on both sides (rather than on the watch itself) and moving the battery to the bottom. I find the weight distribution of the Toq to be very good and in fact hardly notice I have it on (unlike some of my other watches, particularly my heavy TAGs when I'm typing away at the keyboard). I agree though that when other manufacturers start making more "consumer" products that the strap issue needs to be worked out.

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Do you know if they'll let you return it if you've cut the strap? I figured once I did that it was mine for life :) I hear what you're saying on the strap but it does allow some cool stuff like the sensors on both sides (rather than on the watch itself) and moving the battery to the bottom. I find the weight distribution of the Toq to be very good and in fact hardly notice I have it on (unlike some of my other watches, particularly my heavy TAGs when I'm typing away at the keyboard). I agree though that when other manufacturers start making more "consumer" products that the strap issue needs to be worked out.

Yes, they will. I checked before I sized mine ;-). Even though still I cut it one size bigger than I normally would because I was afraid the next size smaller would be too tight and I didn't want to hassle with exchanging. I also have a TAG and know what you mean although the model I have fits just fine. The TOQ strap is fine for most I just think they should have allowed some room for a half link adjustment like on a normal watch or space the holes closer together or add two options where the pin goes just in case. Functionality wise the watch is pretty great. I've decided to keep mine and just live with the slightly looser fit.

Posted via Android Central App

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Good to know. I also wore mine a day a notch "looser" because I was worried it might be too tight, but after a day of it banging against my hand I rolled the dice and cut one more link off and it fits perfect :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa