Couple minor problems after venom

sbb888

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
First wanna say, great rom. Battery seems ok and definitely runs cooler. My little glitches are, 1. Keeps saying "Unfortunately settings has stopped. 2. Sometimes when I reboot it comes up on the phone screen and freezes. 3. Once in a while the wallpaper will not center on screen.
Any ideas

rs98hv

May 20, 2011
Visit site
A little more info is needed. Did you do a clean install? Wiping everything? Have you added any mods or anything?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

sbb888

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I did several wipes. I am wondering if I did too many or at the wrong times. The only mod I did is the turn off wifi mod

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had those problems except for the wallpaper. I fix that by hitting the home button to bring up the "overview" where it shows all your home screens, then tap home again to shrink them all back down. That usually centers it.

To fix the force close issue you may try going into recovery and under "advanced" (I think) should be a menu that says "fix permissions". Run that and see if it helps.

The reboot freeze problem is one I've never heard of. Make sure your "fast boot" is not enabled. Go to menu, settings, power, make sure " fast boot" at bottom of screen is unchecked.

sbb888

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Wanda. Fastboot was unchecked and the fix permission was in recovery - other, (in case anyone else is interested) . I ran that and it said fixed vid permission so we will see if that fixed that part of it. I am wondering if I should reinstall Venom. When I loaded it, I'm not sure if I did the right wipes and wiped when I should have. I guess if did something wrong it would not have worked

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
A clean install will usually fix almost any glitchy stuff but I do that as a last resort cause I'm lazy and don't like setting up my phone.

Here's the order I use when flash/wiping. After I've made my backups and got the rom loaded onto the sd card I boot into recovery,
Do the factory reset/data wipe, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvic. Then flash the rom and kernel. I only do them in that order cause that's the order they're in on the menu.

If a clean install doesn't cure the problems it's possible you got a bad download. You could redownload and try to install again.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I think ES file explorer will check MD5 for you. Find your file, long press on it, then.... I can't remember. Maybe info.... check md5? I'll download it and get back to you