returning rezound back to stock need latest how to do it

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok seems all the old tutorials have been taken down or is outdated.
I am unlocked, S-on, rooted had ginger bread running some custom rom that I cant remember.
help me get the latest over the air update so I can start from scratch.

thanks.

grea3682

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same boat you are. Did some internet research and found "How To Unroot the HTC Rezound" @ How To Unroot the HTC Rezound - TheUnlockr It wasnt perfect but I managed to work through it. I used some of the downloads and files I created during the root process to un root. After the steps used in that guide in installed a few Verizon updates including the lastest global. Hope it helps, if I can give you more info let me know. greatorex_01@yahoo.com

Victoria Y

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
i don't know much about all the lango. i have a HTC Rezound that i want to try and switch over to At&t prepaid. I don't know if i can get it done. Verizon won't allow 4g lte to be used as a prepaid. my question is why would you want to Unroot it back to stock?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
i don't know much about all the lango. i have a HTC Rezound that i want to try and switch over to At&t prepaid. I don't know if i can get it done. Verizon won't allow 4g lte to be used as a prepaid. my question is why would you want to Unroot it back to stock?
The only reason you would want to unroot and return to stock is if you need to update radios or firmware. You won't want to unroot and return to stock to use it on another carrier, assuming you have fairly current radios, actually you are best off to flash a AOSP/AOKP ROM that is completely unlocked, install your prepaid SIM and APN information and you should be good to go. Remember that you will not get 4G on any carrier other than Verizon though, so on AT&T/T-Mobile (or any of their prepaid network partners like Net10 or Straight Talk) you will only get Edge rates (100-300 kbps), although some people have noted that they get HSPA+ speeds (up to 3Mbps) but it is hit and miss, VZW's 4G/LTE is around 40Mbps for comparison. Not trying to discourage you, just keep you informed I am actually considering doing this with Straight Talk later this year when my contract expires with Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non