Best slide out keyboard phone on Sprint?

GreenToxon

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I was looking for people opinions on the best slide out keyboard (like the Droid 3's keyboard) on Sprint. I currently have an HTC EVO 3D. But I like a physical keyboard and I want to pick one up but I want a newer phone than the Epic 4G

Any announced, rumored, leaked etc etc. Dual core device would be great.

I don't mind either Android or Windows 7 (been wanting to try W7). Not those blackberry style keyboards that I really hate though.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
There's really nothing newer than the Epic 4G that has a QWERTY keyboard and is higher end. The Evo Shift has newer internals than the Evo, but I don't believe they're as advanced as the Epic is. If anything they're on the same level.

Sooooo you can grab one of the two now for an awesome price (I got my dad the Evo Shift for FREE a few weeks ago) or you can wait a month or two and see what's coming. In the coming weeks or months I'm going to get my fiance either an Evo Shift or an Epic 2, or maybe I'll get the Epic 2 and give her my Epic. We're both attached to our QWERTYs, and she has an Optimus now that's driving her nuts. She's having Palm withdrawals... lol.

ozahran

May 20, 2011
Visit site
You could try the Arrive if your not a fan of the Epic or the Shift. Its Sprints only Windows 7 phone out right now. Theres also the Motorola XPRT which is more Blackberry-esque

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You could try the Arrive if your not a fan of the Epic or the Shift. Its Sprints only Windows 7 phone out right now. Theres also the Motorola XPRT which is more Blackberry-esque

Agree on the HTC Arrive, it has a great keyboard. For Android, I'd probably go with the Epic 4G.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Just wait for the Epic 2 at this point.
+1 on waiting. The Epic2 will be coming out but its rumored to be the same more or less and a 1.2ghz chip. Also the Pax , Its the XPRT with dualcore coming soon. the rumor mill hasn't outed and Keyboard phones yet.

Is it for you or you want a second line? If its to change your EVO3D i would say to just get a mini Bluetooth keyboard for when you really need to use it.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The Epic is an awesome device. Why not get that? It is a little older but I don't see anything with a physical keyboard coming on the horizon for Sprint.

Wise-Wright

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I am with you. I must have a slide out keyboard phone. But FYI. There is no need of waiting for the Epic 2. I just learned yesterday that it will not have a keyboard. I believe (as least for now) Epic is the best option!!! Too bad there aren't more attractive options. Maybe soon!!!

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Well the Epic4Gtouch will not have a keyboard but there is rumored to be a Epic2 coming but no news yet on its release... Sprint is due for one there last keyboard phones was the Shift and its not that good compared to the Epic in power and Screen.

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Well the Epic4Gtouch will not have a keyboard but there is rumored to be a Epic2 coming but no news yet on its release... Sprint is due for one there last keyboard phones was the Shift and its not that good compared to the Epic in power and Screen.

The Shift was the last slide keyboard phone.
With that said Sprint has released at least 4 candybar keyboard phones since May
There has been 2 Motorola phones
The XPRT and
The Titanium

There have been 2 Blackberry's
The 9930 and the phone they released last week

There is also the Samsung Replenish

There is also suppose to be a new Motorola Phone released on 2 October