Need help deciding HTC Incredible 4G or Samsung Galaxy SIII

soccerguy21

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have been reading these forums for years now, but I finally need to ask a question of all of the Android fans out there. I have my upgrade from Verizon and I am torn between the HTC Incredible 4G and the Samsung Galaxy SIII. I currently have and LOVE the OG Incredible, but the Incredible 4G looks to be a slight upgrade from what I have now. The Samsung Galaxy SIII is double the memory and double the RAM which is exciting because I have had memory issues on my OG Incredible. On the other hand I do like Sense and have never heard anything good about TouchWiz! Also I have noticed that when it comes to updates it seems that Samsung seems to be slower.

I need everyone's input because the upgrade needs to happen soon because although I love my OG Incredible it is time for a change!

Thanks in advance!

Guy4Tech

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
@soccerguy21, it sounds like you have got some good choices in front of you! Here is my take: I love having a good camera on me and it looks like Samsung has the best between the two with all that you can do with the camera. The S3 also has good hand gestures that makes your phone react like silencing your phone and so forth. TouchWiz is probably my LEAST favorite UI and Samsung does take forever to update their phones, but so do most manufacturers
I have always loved HTC sense and their 4.0 is great. The Incredible 4G will be smaller in screen size and will be similar to the HTC One series but won't quite be the same. It is also going to be better for listening to music with the beats audio.

I would say the S3 just because if the camera and because I feel that you get a lot more with it. TouchWiz isn't THAT bad but if you already have the OG incredible, its always good to go with what you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
S3 is more future proof and is the flagship Samsung phone so most likely will get more and better support. Plus the s3 is hands down a better overall phone

sjd2246

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I would get the incredible 4g LTE. I don't like touch wiz and sense is closer to what google intends for UI. For example the GSIII has a menu button and no dedicated multi task button. Not sure how they are going to work in google now with a physical home button on the gsIII when jelly bean arrives. S Voice seems like a waste too.

For the same price as the incredible I would get the galaxy nexus, which I have now, you will get Jelly Bean quicker, lots of internal storage, 1 gb of ram

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Start with size. Which feels better in your hand?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

soccerguy21

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I ended up picking up the SGS3 and I absolutely love it! I do miss some features on my Incredible like the clock/timers widget, but I just have to find something for the S3 now!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I would get the incredible 4g LTE. I don't like touch wiz and sense is closer to what google intends for UI. For example the GSIII has a menu button and no dedicated multi task button. Not sure how they are going to work in google now with a physical home button on the gsIII when jelly bean arrives. S Voice seems like a waste too.

For the same price as the incredible I would get the galaxy nexus, which I have now, you will get Jelly Bean quicker, lots of internal storage, 1 gb of ram

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

All u have to do is hold the menu button just like u have to hold the home button

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tluv004

OffKilter

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Good choice! There are plenty of options in the play store to replace most of the sense widgets. When I used my HTC Legend I loved sense and thought the Samsung phones were lame due to the plastic, but my Legend crapped out on me and I got a Galaxy S 1 used. Touchwiz is fine and the extra storage (like 14 GBs more) was a god send. The S III will get updates pretty fast I think, the S II got the ICS update faster than any other phone I believe. I am just waiting for the next Nexus to drop to upgrade.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I ended up picking up the SGS3 and I absolutely love it! I do miss some features on my Incredible like the clock/timers widget, but I just have to find something for the S3 now!

Congrats my friend. Galaxy S3 is the way to go. I had to HTC phones before and I love Sense but I do not see any problems with the S3. There are many apps out there that can do anything I want for my new toy.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
SG3 or Nexus without a second thought unless you don;t want or need top of the line. The Inc 4G LTE has been dropped to the next loer level more like to HTC V

Jondroid2

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
If you're into clock widgets and such, download Fancy widgets and Fancy widgets unlocker from the app store. With this you can skin your clock and weather widgets with hundreds of choices. I think it cost me 99 cents when I got the unlocker. Worth every penny. I spend a lot of time customizing the looks of my S2 Skyrocket. Half the time it ends up looking like an HTC phone :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need help deciding HTC Incredible 4G or Samsung Galaxy S3

Galaxy S3 hands down! After using HTC Thunderbolt, I don't think I'll purchase another HTC. Battery life is soooooo crap. Not sure about the Incredible but S3 battery life is really good and everything about it is really great!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Size should be one of the first things to look at when getting a new phone.

And if you don't want or need a large phone, the DROID Incredible 4G should win out- hands down.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo