chances of note 2 having quad core in usa

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it. I know quad has issues with lte. In know the new snapdragon ships are supposed to work with lte. But I couldn't see happening with there 2nd tier device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm expecting more with an October release...
Quad core 1.4 with 2 GB Ram with LTE on chip
Remember, their new processor with LTE and Quad core of 2GB Ram went live in Korea last Month, I bet they release it with quad +LTE.
I could be wrong of course but, I hope I'm not.

Or,S4 Pro with LTE.
I have the Gnote 10.l and this thing flies with Quad core+2GB ram. I think it needs something more powerful than a S4 + Adreno 225 Either the Mali 400 or the Adreno 320 fill that Void,..

Last edited:

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm still going with the Quad core + LTE. Samsung rarely does things that make them appear at the baseline. I think it was very hard for them to accept to produce the S 3 with an s4 processor instead of their own . They would have much rather come out with quad LTE+2GB ram for U.S. but the technology wasn't ready when they were producing back in March. Samsung isn't content with just sitting idle they really do push the envelope to be the best.,
Unless they have their new dual Exynos chip with LTE embedded (I believe it is 5250) I'm going to garner Quad. Plus Jelly Bean at launch is a definite.October Release in US. Expect there to be more advancements (or enhancements) than the Galaxy Note 10.1

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, IFA should be announcing this any hour now... im going to guess this is what it looks like...

This is found in the manual of the Note 10.1 btw. If this is the new Note 2, it appears to have speakers on the front (which in my opinion would be good for speakerphone) and it may or may not have hard buttons similar to the S3. I think it could have just 1 main home button but i could also see it having the other two on each side like the S3. I suppose it could have the on screen buttons, and have the swipe on edge of screen to overlay them or minimize the screen slightly in order to display the on screen buttons, as the s pen should have more functionality this time around. Or long press home button, on screen buttons appear. Expect it with 4.1 - Jelly Bean

I see Samsung really being innovative with the S pen and adding recent functions we've seen before, like Smart Stay, hold phone to ear in text to call, vibration alert when you enter the room and sit down after missing a call (it detects you are there) along with nfc/all share/wifi direct so that it becomes really syncable with all other samsung / all share devices. One of the features i like about the Note 10.1 is able to annotate or amend documents on the fly and live, with all share connected. Eg., i show the reports of Q2 and while other devices are connected, i draw an expected demand/supply curve that appears on the connected devices in real time and then where i want them to be by Q4. I see this included with the new Note 2(if it wasnt already).

Im still going with quad core 1.4 with mali gpu and LTE across the board. If they dont have LTE embedded, i think they will still go with it as a separate component which will drain battery life but im sure Samsung has something up their sleeve.

Oh! And Samsung's windows 8 tablet will have an S pen....expect there to be cross platform support

Last edited: