Extremely upset

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Meanwhile my fascinate ran smoother than my DX any day, there are also devices out there that use 800mhz vs 1ghz and are just as snappy.bigger is not always better.i get that 512 to 1 gig is a huge jump but it doesnt mean these devices aren't optimized and will be snail slow
Thats a very good point Jerry, but just knowing that another device has a little bit better specs is a big deal to me. That is the main reason why I didn't jump all over the Fascinate when it came out, 384mb RAM to 512 on the X.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Trust me im well aware of what your saying, but I've had the X since it was launched, and used a Fascinate for about 2 weeks and saw a huge difference in the performance. That's great you didn't, but we are obviously using them differently. For what I do with mine, I want need more RAM.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The both have the same amount of memory the SGS just appropriates it slightly different. And I also doubt the 1gig is enough for the atrix but would great in the bionic

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I really do not understand why so many people seem disappointed in this phone, it's by far the best device on the market or in the near term pipeline.

OK, you are right, it doesn't have a "docking station", but honestly have you looked at that dock? The way the Atrix sits in it, it just looks like it's destined to break at some point if you carry it around like you would any other netbook.

Aside from lacking a netbook like dock, everything else on this phone is the best around.

DDR2 RAM - yes PC class RAM, much faster RAM than anything before it

qHD - quarter high def = 960x540 resolution

HDMI out with mirroring. now you can watch whatever is on your Droid on any HDMI capable HD TV. Not just applications which are built to take advantage of HDMI out in a phone, but ALL applications

Tegra 2 - Last week everyone was so excited to see the first dual cores come out, here one is and people are still complaining

Global - It's an LTE phone, it IS global, there is no need to put Global in the name

Front facing camera

16GB internal storage plus a Micro SD card for another 32GB

Honestly to those complaining that this isn't what they expected or isn't good enough, the leap and bounds better than the X that this phone is, in such a short period of time is nothing short of wonderful. I have no idea what you were hoping for, but I see nothing to complain about with the Bionic.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I really do not understand why so many people seem disappointed in this phone, it's by far the best device on the market or in the near term pipeline.

OK, you are right, it doesn't have a "docking station", but honestly have you looked at that dock? The way the Atrix sits in it, it just looks like it's destined to break at some point if you carry it around like you would any other netbook.

Aside from lacking a netbook like dock, everything else on this phone is the best around.

HDMI out with mirroring. now you can watch whatever is on your Droid on any HDMI capable HD TV. Not just applications which are built to take advantage of HDMI out in a phone, but ALL applications

Tegra 2 - Last week everyone was so excited to see the first dual cores come out, here one is and people are still complaining

Global - It's an LTE phone, it IS global, there is no need to put Global in the name

Front facing camera

Honestly to those complaining that this isn't what they expected or isn't good enough, the leap and bounds better than the X that this phone is, in such a short period of time is nothing short of wonderful. I have no idea what you were hoping for, but I see nothing to complain about with the Bionic.

Locked bootloader and motoblur make it far less desirable, but I agree otherwise. The Tegra 2 is more than just two cores -- it is a gaming platform too. The GPU performance will dominate what HTC has and also have reduced power consumption because of it (SoC's usually do better in that regard... no need to power an additional ASIC).

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Trust me im well aware of what your saying, but I've had the X since it was launched, and used a Fascinate for about 2 weeks and saw a huge difference in the performance. That's great you didn't, but we are obviously using them differently. For what I do with mine, I want need more RAM.

Throw a rom on Fascinate vs touchwiz and its a world of difference

Neither here nor there, just saying Specs dont tell the whole story

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Front facing camera

I totally agree with you this phone is the best one I've seen announced and no one would have said a word about ram if the atrix didn't come out with one gig. I like this phone and have no doubt that I will buy it with a timely release

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Most of the devices I've seen in the last year have the ram that they need to run. If it runs smooth with the ram it has then there are no issues. If not, I'm sure there will be roms quick enough.

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would trade AT&T for the option to get some of the phones that other carriers get. RIght now ATT has the Captivate or the Streak as your only serious Android choices.

Having the Droid, Droid X, or the Bionic would be SOOOOO much nicer. In fact the Inspire is just a retuned HTC Evo, isn't it? What ... six months after the rest of the world gets an EVO, we finally get it on ATT?

I'm happy to see the Atrix come to ATT shelves. It is good for us. I'm on a STREAK and loving it, but seeing more flagship Android devices on ATT is only a good thing.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Looks like Att may have a strong linup this year the desire HD is a beast and the Samsung device is huge but the Moto seems to be the best

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Not really, at least not yet. LTE isn't used for voice practically anywhere in the world yet, so unless the Bionic has GSM and CDMA antennas, it's not a global phone.

It would be much more tempting if it were.

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I was more disappointed in the fact that none of the phones were qwerty sliders. I was eying the Merge but I saw it might have been canned. Anyone know any rumors about a slider with LTE for Verizon?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Not really, at least not yet. LTE isn't used for voice practically anywhere in the world yet, so unless the Bionic has GSM and CDMA antennas, it's not a global phone.

It would be much more tempting if it were.

Maybe or maybe not. LTE devices use sim cards so that could play a role in the type of service you can pick up on which could mean it may be possible to be a world phone.

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

LTE does not equal global. It primarily depends on the LTE frequency, and as far as I know VzW is not using bands that Europe (or anywhere else) will use.

Besides, without HSPA and GSM, it will be useless as a roaming device for the foreseeable future.

They probably could have added the right radios for less than $25, but of course that would have threatened the planned obsolescence of this phone.

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I was more disappointed in the fact that none of the phones were qwerty sliders. I was eying the Merge but I saw it might have been canned. Anyone know any rumors about a slider with LTE for Verizon?

I wouldn't expect to see one until sometime in the second half of the year, unless Samsung pulls something out of its hat next month.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
They probably could have added the right radios for less than $25, but of course that would have threatened the planned obsolescence of this phone.
It's puzzling - and extremely frustrating - that Verizon never has fielded a global flagship phone and apparently has no intention to.

If only the premier GSM carrier were anyone except AT&T...

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If lte voice is ever implemented a Verizon lte phone should be Able to work on Att lte network both of them should run on the 1700 block

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
If lte voice is ever implemented a Verizon lte phone should be Able to work on Att lte network both of them should run on the 1700 block

I don't think 1700MHz will be used for LTE anywhere. VzW will use 700MHz, which will be unique to North America. Quoting Wikipedia:

The LTE standard can be used with many different frequency bands. There are planned 700 MHz deployments in North America (Verizon); 900, 1800, 2600 MHz in Europe; 1800 and 2600 MHz in Asia; 1800 MHz in Australia.[78][79]
The situation is similar to the GSM standard that is deployed worldwide on many GSM frequency bands, from which most popular are: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz. That is why phones from one country often do not work in other countries. For example, one needs at least a quad-band handset (850/900/1800/1900) to be sure their phone will work in both North America and Europe. Consumers have the same problem with 3G technologies - the UMTS standard is deployed worldwide on 14 different UMTS frequency bands. For this reason, even 3G-supporting phones will most likely provide fast internet access in no more than one region, even when it is a GSM quad-band phone and voice services will work, internet access will be slow.
Handsets and mobile modems stated to support 4G LTE will most likely support only a subset of LTE bands, so will not work with the other.​

Reactions: TequilaGuy

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I have no problems with it. Looks like Verizon's answer to the Evo. Nothing ground breaking but a great device for Verizon to have for those who like the Evo. Where the Bionic looks like a device to compete with the iPhones front facing camera.
Seems like smart moves by Verizon to me.... They now have two phones that compare to Sprints and AT&T's best selling phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaee