If Samsung developed Tizen by buying BB10 would you buy it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2678566
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2678566

There were rumours over 6 months ago Samsung were interesting in buying BlackBerry. Turned out there were completely false and these rumours came about because of the SamBerry partnership which helped develop Priv and it's why it will look very similar to the Galaxy Edge. But what if Samsung were actually planning to buy parts of BlackBerry 10 to obtain patents for Tizen and would Tizen ever be a success with a BlackBerry product that has failed? I would like to gauge the Android community feeling about this and yes I am a BB10 user myself and I am most likely making the switch to Android with Priv.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
No. Blackberry and windows phone have proved there isn't room for three or more OS in developer's hearts.

Posted via the Android Central App

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing to buy, most of the BB10 team was let go a long time ago. All that is left is a small skeletal staff to fix bugs and do security updates. Without the BB10 architects and design team all they would buy is a bunch of unmanageable code.

Tatwi

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
There is nothing to buy, most of the BB10 team was let go a long time ago. All that is left is a small skeletal staff to fix bugs and do security updates. Without the BB10 architects and design team all they would buy is a bunch of unmanageable code.

Interesting to note, the folks Samsung hired to design Tizen are the same human beings who Blackberry "bought" to design Blackberry 10. The head people from The Astonishing Tribe.

Samsung might want QNX (to use its kernel rather than the Linux kernel) and the many parents and MDM services that Blackberry have, but I don't see why they would need them. In fact, having to write their own drivers for QNX was one the reasons John Chen said that Android was much easier to develop new phones for than Blackberry 10. So I don't see why Samsung would want to go QNX, given how many devices they make each year.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo