Next Nexus phone (after Nexus S)

CraigM

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard when Google will be releasing the next version of the Nexus? I like the Nexus S and the fact that it is finally coming to Sprint, but I don't want to buy it next month and have the 3rd generation come out a couple months later.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Well Google released the Nexus S almost a year after the Nexus One. So the next Nexus may come around December or January, about a year after the Nexus S' release. This is just a guess though using the release dates of the Nexus One and Nexus S.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
My opinion is that they need a dual core device with higher resolution for developers, especially with every handset getting locked down these days. Something this summer with Ice Cream launch would be nice... But I have no idea what will really happen.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Well didn't the Nexus one have eclair and then get updated to FroYo. I think the Nexus S will be the first to get updated to icecream and then another nexus phone will be released with the next Android version.

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Nexus phones never had top specs but they were phones for developers to test stuff out on.

I beg to differ.
When it came out, the Nexus One had the best specs of any Android phone until the Droid Incredible came out in late April (almost May). The Droid Incredible is actually a sister phone of the Nexus One, they have almost identical specs other than the former has more internal memory and an 8MP camera as opposed to a 5MP camera.

qbunnie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure we'll have a Nexus "3" or whatever, likely next winter. I would guess that it has a dual-core CPU as well. I would guess that it will be out on Sprint, given native Google voice and T-Mobile's buyout.

What's more interesting is if it will be manufactured by Samsung or HTC (or others, even). Most likely its Samsung or HTC since they make WiMax phones for Sprint.
I would guess the Nexus 3 to be like the Galaxy 2 if made by Samsung (Super AMOLED plus, dual core Samsung CPU) or the HTC Pyramid (dual core qualcomm, qHD).

It's a stretch, but I'm going to guess that it will be Samsung - because I feel Google's pure Android is leaning more and more towards OLED, where Samsung excels.
Not sure how tough the Nexus S contour display is, but I wouldn't complain about a return to Gorilla glass, and a Galaxy S equivalent car dock would be nice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo