Build Quality

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I am still rocking my Dinc but have the itch for a new piece. I am android thru and thru. What I really want in a new phone besides the current baseline specs is top notch build quality. I am on verizon and not switching. And everything that is out seems like cheap plastic crap. It is hard to argue with the solid piece of hardware that is the iPhone 4. Like I said my next phone will be an Android device....I just really REALLY want something that compares to the iPhone as far as build quality.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
If build quality is that important for you, you'll probably end up with a Motorola phone. Not saying that's a bad thing. They just tend to have the most durable phones.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the D2...I hate that thing, i am actually pretty against Moto even tho I have the Xoom. At first I was petty sure I was going to get the Play. Now I think I want to see if big red gets a Nexus.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the Incredible, too. Do you think it is cheap, plasticy crap, or do you just feel it looks like that? It's not as shiny as an iPhone, but it's super solid. I have dropped it more than a few times, with a 2250 battery, and it is still fine. It has some nicks, but they are only noticeable on close inspection.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Best phone I ever owned. The build quality doesnt compare to iPhone...back plastic panel is cheap feeling. The red...now chipped ear screen looks like crap. It creaks and compresses. Camera lense is cheap. It is tough to compare to stainless steel with a piece of glass glued to both sides... know you have to give up something for expandable memory and replaceable battery, but its time for Android phone manufactures to step their game up.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I went up to the Verizon store and played with the Play, Charge, Bolt, Dinc2, and X2....all have features I like, all are missing a MAJOR aspect that some of the others have. I think I am going to wait for the Bionic, SGS2, or Nexus.....I hope they come soon, anything else coming soon?

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the OG Inc and loved the device, but gave it up 3 months later to get the OG X. The X was the best android device I owned to that point. Now I have the X2 and love it just as much. Build quality is typical Moto (great), and the Tegra 2 is awesome. Now with that said, when the Bionic comes out at the end of June, I will buy that, and my chick will get the X2.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Slap on an otterbox and call it a day. Just kidding :) I know what everyone means about the build quality. I have to admit that the phones can still take a licking, considering how many times my Hero has bee dropped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non