The LG V60 is here: My Phone of the Year.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I think I saw in one overview the camera live preview can be moved to the second screen. Can you check that when going through it? That would be very handy for shooting above or below eye level, and many DSLR's/mirrorless cameras now have tilt screens for this exact reason.
From my understanding you can view the photos after taking them on the dual screen but I'll definitely try that out. If possible that would be pretty cool.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Mine arrived this morning, mostly set up now. I'm really liking it. Would be better if ATT bundled the second screen with it, but I had to register for it on LG, says 3-6 weeks for delivery, sadness.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Mine arrived this morning, mostly set up now. I'm really liking it. Would be better if ATT bundled the second screen with it, but I had to register for it on LG, says 3-6 weeks for delivery, sadness.
Hahaha how the tables have turned. You got your before I did. Still waiting to go pick mine up so I can set it up and get into that camera system. And dual display. I need to find which high impedance headphones I'm going to go with. I'm think a pair of Beyerdynamics since their prices are so reasonable for what you get. Only downside for being is all of their wireless offerings cost a grip. I want a wireless option with the headphone input for when I want the wired set up.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
And I just checked and it was delivered so on my way to pick it up. Got it delivered to my wife's house(we're separated) just in case it arrived on Friday and I was work.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha how the tables have turned. You got your before I did. Still waiting to go pick mine up so I can set it up and get into that camera system. And dual display. I need to find which high impedance headphones I'm going to go with. I'm think a pair of Beyerdynamics since their prices are so reasonable for what you get. Only downside for being is all of their wireless offerings cost a grip. I want a wireless option with the headphone input for when I want the wired set up.
How much you looking to spend?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Anything under $200 is good for me.
The Sony Wh1000xm3 are reduced to 279 from 349. That's a bit higher than you want to go. They are great though and they have the best wireless protocol and Noise Cancellation

Audio Technica makes a nice pair for under 200 but I don't think they include Noise Cancellation

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The Sony Wh1000xm3 are reduced to 279 from 349. That's a bit higher than you want to go. They are great though and they have the best wireless protocol and Noise Cancellation

Audio Technica makes a nice pair for under 200 but I don't think they include Noise Cancellation
Oh yeah I don't really need the noise cancellation. I just something with great sound and a lot of ohms to take advantage of the Quad DAC the V60 has.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah I don't really need the noise cancellation. I just something with great sound and a lot of ohms to take advantage of the Quad DAC the V60 has.
Oh yeah forgot about the ohms thing. Ironically most of the noise cancelling ones do activate the DAC because the inline NC amp changes the impedance high enough for it to kick in. I used use a pair of Audio Technica Wired headphones like that. Beyer Dynamic are definitely great headphones and they use to make some that were in the middle as far as impedance. I only looked at their wired in the past. These days I prefer wireless for comutting mostly.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah forgot about the ohms thing. Ironically most of the noise cancelling ones do activate the DAC because the inline NC amp changes the impedance high enough for it to kick in. I used use a pair of Audio Technica Wired headphones like that. Beyer Dynamic are definitely great headphones and they use to make some that were in the middle as far as impedance. I only looked at their wired in the past. These days I prefer wireless for comutting mostly.
Yeah I'm going to dig around a little more before making a decision on which to go with but I prefer wireless WITH the wired input for a wired option with at least 60 ohms. And I really don't even know everything about the ohms I just know the higher the better to be honest.lol

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Let's get this bad boy opened and charged. Hope to take a few shots before the sun sets. Right off the bat this is easily the heaviest box I've opened and I know it's partly because of the dual screen.
61b0a163a44bc3dfc27fe2eb351501f9.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm going to dig around a little more before making a decision on which to go with but I prefer wireless WITH the wired input for a wired option with at least 60 ohms. And I really don't even know everything about the ohms I just know the higher the better to be honest.lol
Higher ohms doesn't always mean better. On the real high ohm models you have to be warry of the sensitivity. You want higher sensitivity otherwise you need more power to drive them. Shouldn't be a problem if you stay under 250 ohms

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Let's get this bad boy opened and charged. Hope to take a few shots before the sun sets. Right off the bat this is easily the heaviest box I've opened and I know it's partly because of the dual screen.
eaea9153d9d7f6e69943a00939ddbea6.jpg
2fe57755d8396868da6dd980ff9a9da3.jpg
11c17cbb934a8639afee950bfe7fa9ab.jpg
8e9aeded2ed88e145f7c50f6ae66c134.jpg

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Higher ohms doesn't always mean better. On the real high ohm models you have to be warry of the sensitivity. You want higher sensitivity otherwise you need more power to drive them. Shouldn't be a problem if you stay under 250 ohms
Oh yeah. I feel like anywhere between 80 and 250 should be well enough for the V60.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
eaea9153d9d7f6e69943a00939ddbea6.jpg
2fe57755d8396868da6dd980ff9a9da3.jpg
11c17cbb934a8639afee950bfe7fa9ab.jpg
8e9aeded2ed88e145f7c50f6ae66c134.jpg

Gorgeous!! Thank you so much for posting unboxing photos!!

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well my quick impressions before going to bed: the front facing camera is wonderful!(also 4k60 from the front) Speakers sound nice and full. Camera lost some of that old LG magic due to mainstreaming things.(more on that much later) The finish is not a slippery mess.(finally someone did it) Dual screen is nice and useful. Headphone jack again. I love it. Size is huge but manageable. Settings app is a mess still. Always on display is fantastic.(missed that on the OnePlus 7 Pro) Also one handed mode!(also missing on OnePlus) 60hz display from 90hz: hmm need more time to say if I can tell a real difference. Setting it up tomorrow morning finally.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Well my quick impressions before going to bed: the front facing camera is wonderful!(also 4k60 from the front) Speakers sound nice and full. Camera lost some of that old LG magic due to mainstreaming things.(more on that much later) The finish is not a slippery mess.(finally someone did it) Dual screen is nice and useful. Headphone jack again. I love it. Size is huge but manageable. Settings app is a mess still. Always on display is fantastic.(missed that on the OnePlus 7 Pro) Also one handed mode!(also missing on OnePlus) 60hz display from 90hz: hmm need more time to say if I can tell a real difference. Setting it up tomorrow morning finally.

How does it feel in the pocket. That's the only thing holding me back. I'm afraid it will be too heavy and bulky.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know how the Buy one, get one free with T-mobile works. It says you don' have to add a line (I already have two lines) but it's kind of confusing otherwise.